Emirates to fly nonstop to LAX from DXB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emirates to fly nonstop to LAX from DXB

Emirates Airlines will launch non-stop flights from Dubai to the California city of Los Angeles beginning 1st September. Operating daily, the service will be the first non-stop operation connecting the two cities. The new flight runs a distance of 8339 miles, clocking 16 hours 35 minutes journey time to California, while the shorter return flight will be just under 16 hours.

Source: http://www.ameinfo.com/149933.html
    Good luck on this flight.
    This makes it the longest flight in the world. Eh ?
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

No, SQ's SIN-EWR/LAX and TG's BKK-JFK are longer.

Comment

Must be all manner of fun being stuck with a bunch of Arabs for 16 hrs straight. Where do I sign up?

Comment

Originally posted by flyboy2548m
        Must be all manner of fun being stuck with a bunch of Arabs for 16 hrs straight. Where do I sign up?
        You couldn't pay me enough to sit in steerage for 16 hours with anyone.
        Signatures are overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Airfoilsguy
          You couldn't pay me enough to sit in steerage for 16 hours with anyone.
          Funny you should mention that. I recently had someone ask me if I could sit on an Air India flight to Mumbai and back for five grand. I said I'd think about it for seven grand and a respirator.

Comment

I'd rather sit on a 16 hour flight full of Arabs with Emirates excellent service than a 60 minute flight on Southwest rammed with fatass rednecks.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
              I'd rather sit on a 16 hour flight full of Arabs with Emirates excellent service than a 60 minute flight on Southwest rammed with fatass rednecks.
              It's a tossup.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
                ^^That's the spirit.

Speaking of a fatass passenger sitting beside you.
                On a 90 mins flight from Italy to Denmark, this person had some sort of a body disorder, he was sweating like a pig, the F/A's provided him with towels. I had to ask for a towel too to cover myself from bodycontact with this dude. After 15 mins of flight, luckily there was a available seat further back. So I moved.
                Man, imo that's enough to make it a crappy flight.
                Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by flyboy2548m
                  It's a tossup.

I guess we're flying Lufthansa then.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower

Good luck on this flight.
                    This makes it the longest flight in the world. Eh ?
                    As stated, No. The following link shows the difference.
                    http://gc.kls2.com/cgi-bin/gc?PATH=S...LOR=&MAP-STYLE=

I've ridden Emirates twice. SIN - DXB (business class), SIN-SYD (Economy). Both flights were excellent. Business is always better than economy. Emirates economy service level exceeds NWA and UAL's business class service. Leg room (thought generous, is not comparable to business class on any international carrier) is another issue.
                    Don
                    Standard practice for managers around the world:
                    Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

Comment

I think I would skip EK and stop in either London or Paris if I were on my way to Dubai.
                      John Poshepny

If the Wright brother were alive today Wilbur would have to fire Orville to reduce costs.— Herb Kelleher, Southwest Airlines, 'USA Today,' 1994

Comment

my lord, that is a long flight...i'd rather go to HKG on CX or SQ and then connect after a few days for visiting family.

Comment

It wouldn't be so bad in the suites.

Comment

Not everyone can afford those. And the thought of "enjoying" 3-4-3 seating in a 777 on a 16-hour flight isn't exactly a convincing point, no matter how good ICE is.

Comment

Lets be honest though. When does anyone 'enjoy' flying coach? 16 minutes or 16 hours, it isn't fun. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X