• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CX 747 in movie

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ee2REMNwyKk

It look like 1970 movie.

Si Si..Nooo Noo Si si...
    Now why would that pilot land at the aircraft carrier at all.
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

I have watched that movie a long time ago, on TV in HongKong. It's rare that they broadcast a French movie on TV in HongKong. But almost the entire movie was shot in HongKong.

I remember that the pilot was a Japanese and was a Japanese naval fighter pilot during WWII. So he's having flash-back with his fighter past-time and thought he was flying a fighter landing on the carrier. If I remember correctly, it's just a comedy movie so of course things don't make sense.

What I don't understand is why CX would allow them to use their logo and real name on the plane, even though the movie was shot in HongKong.
      Next:
      None Planned

Comment

Well, they could have found a real in flight 747 for use but with the wings unflexed by air loads it just looks wrong.
        Don
        Standard practice for managers around the world:
        Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
          Especially without a tailhook.
          Terry
          Lurking at JP since the BA 777 at Heathrow and AD lost responsiveness to the throttles.
          How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth? Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower

Si Si..Nooo Noo Si si...
            I can't believe it. I don't know which one is stolen, and which is original. There's a German movie from 1985 called "Otto der Film", and I just recognized that scene with the 747 landing on that carrier, it's also the same joke with the "Nooooo - Yeeeees". In the German movie, the plane is hi-jacked by some bank robbers, but protagonist Otto eventually takes control of that flight which is supposed to go to Rio. Unfortunately, Otto mistakes that carrier for Rio's airport, due to the comedic nature of that movie. The plane in the Otto movie is even of the same design, but I dunno if it's th CX. Next time I see the movie, I'm gonna pay attention to that

Comment

Originally posted by FireLight
              Especially without a tailhook.
              Don't you laugh, I can totally pull that off in Flightsim!

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
                Don't you laugh, I can totally pull that off in Flightsim!
                Here's a four engine aircraft landing on an aircraft carrier for you! Apparently it didn't even need a tailhook!

Wingspan C-130 Hercules: 132'
                Wingspan B-747: 211' (or 195')
                Terry
                Lurking at JP since the BA 777 at Heathrow and AD lost responsiveness to the throttles.
                How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth? Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by ToRX
                  I can't believe it. I don't know which one is stolen, and which is original. There's a German movie from 1985 called "Otto der Film", and I just recognized that scene with the 747 landing on that carrier, it's also the same joke with the "Nooooo - Yeeeees". In the German movie, the plane is hi-jacked by some bank robbers, but protagonist Otto eventually takes control of that flight which is supposed to go to Rio. Unfortunately, Otto mistakes that carrier for Rio's airport, due to the comedic nature of that movie. The plane in the Otto movie is even of the same design, but I dunno if it's th CX. Next time I see the movie, I'm gonna pay attention to that
                  Yeah.. its pretty similar... but in Otto's movie the CX747 only wears the colours without titles.

get FRA spotting informations here:
                  www.Frankfurt-Aviation-Friends.eu

Comment

Originally posted by ToRX
                    ...In the German movie, the plane is hi-jacked by some bank robbers, but protagonist Otto eventually takes control of that flight which is supposed to go to Rio. ...
                    Why must they always try to do that?
                    Signature removed by admins.

Comment

Working...
                    X