AA Cancels All DFW Flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA Cancels All DFW Flights

Get the latest breaking news, sports, entertainment and obituaries in Austin, TX from Austin American-Statesman.

DALLAS — High winds and heavy rains grounded hundreds of flights at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport on Tuesday, and a control tower was briefly evacuated when a funnel cloud was spotted.

American Airlines canceled flights scheduled from 11 a.m. through the remainder of Tuesday — affecting some 700 departures and arrivals. More than 100 of the carrier's flights headed to D-FW were diverted, said airline spokesman Tim Wagner.

"The airlines are bringing planes back from the tarmac to the gate, and it's going to be a tough afternoon," airport spokesman Ken Capps said. "Everyone is working hard to keep passengers as comfortable as possible in the terminals."

Federal Aviation Adminstration officials evacuated the airport's west tower for about 15 minutes after seeing a funnel cloud over a highway. A funnel cloud was also spotted over Lake Lewisville, just north of the airport.
    Meanwhile at DAL, Southwest flights are delayed 2-3.5 hours. The airline has cancelled 39 (so far) of the day's 140 total departures.
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Wow! that sucks!!!

i can't imagine what it is like at DFW now!

Comment

Originally posted by jazzyspreetsingh
      Wow! that sucks!!!

i can't imagine what it is like at DFW now!
      Yeah, imagine if this were Skybus!

Comment

Working...
      X