747-400 Cabin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 747-400 Cabin?

ive noticed most 747-400 carriers use a 3-4-3 seating which is ten abreast. now ive also noticed that most carriers of any version of the 777 use a 3-3-3 seating which is 9 abreast. now i know the 747 is wider but its only like 9 inches wider so why not add that extra seat in there?

But the 777 in dense configuration in airlines like China Southern ... they have
    3-4-3....

It can be also because of the confort of passenger
    Shaq Y.S.F. 737 Next-Generation

Comment

Take UA for example, who operate both aircraft. Their 777s have 18" wide seats, while the 747s have 17" wide. On the other hand, Emirates flies the 777 in a 3-4-3 setup with 17" seats. They make up for it with slightly increased seat pitch and a narrower aisle. Why they don't add the extra row is an airline preference. You have to remember that evacuation capability, added weight (of seats, extra F/A's, service items), in-flight service, demand, all play a role.

Comment

Also British Airways have a small number of their 777s configured on a 3-4-3 basis (these are Gatwick aircraft on Caribbean routes).

Comment

Re:

Some of AF's 773s based at ORY have 3-4-3 seating as well, used on long hauls to the Caribbean I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269
            Take UA for example, who operate both aircraft. Their 777s have 18" wide seats, while the 747s have 17" wide.
            I have it on good authority that the 747 seats are actually 17.023466" wide.

Comment

Working...
            X