SQ at LAS and ORD, how long

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ at LAS and ORD, how long

Anyone know how long Singapore served ORD and LAS before ceasing operations? I am thinking a year, possibly 2.

-Mark

SQ served LAS from HKG during the period from August, 2002 through April, 2003.
    Trump is an idiot!
    Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Kilroy
      SQ served LAS from HKG during the period from August, 2002 through April, 2003.

Thanks Chris. Do you happen to know why SQ pulled out of LAS in less than a year? I noticed that they just started operations down in Houston, frankly I do not know why, they should be here at DFW

-Mark

Comment

Originally posted by BigBoeingNYC
        Thanks Chris. Do you happen to know why SQ pulled out of LAS in less than a year? I noticed that they just started operations down in Houston, frankly I do not know why, they should be here at DFW
        The HKG-LAS route was (officially) one of the casualties of the 2003 SARS outbreak in Asia. As the epidemic grew, traffic on the route dried up considerably. Unofficially, there is talk of a large subsidy given to SQ to entice the airline into serving Vegas, and that the carrier ultimately took the money and ran, using SARS as a convenient excuse; that's never been confirmed though.
        Trump is an idiot!
        Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Speaking of LAS what do you guys think of VS 744 to LAS? Any idea as to the loads on that flight and if it will be there to stay for a long time?

Comment

Working...
          X