Air China Olympic Torch Relay A330

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air China Olympic Torch Relay A330

The Olympic Torch Relay has started and it's confirmed the flying will be done with an Air China A330 aircraft. The plane is painted with a special torch relay livery.

Next:
    None Planned

Whats the routing? I belive its going to visit SFO, correct?
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

The route is as follows.

Originally posted by China Daily News
      Beijing; Almaty; Istanbul; St.Petersburg; London; Paris; San Francisco; Buenos Aires; Dar Es Salaam; Muscat; Islamabad; Mumbai; Bangkok; Kuala Lumpur; Jakarta; Canberra; Nagano; Seoul; Pyongyang; Ho Chi Minh City; Taipei; Hong Kong; Macao; Hainan Province (Sanya, Wuzhishan, Wanning, Haikou); Guangdong Province (Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Huizhou, Shantou); Fujian Province (Fuzhou, Quanzhou, Xiamen, Longyan); Jiangxi Province (Ruijin, Jinggangshan, Nanchang); Zhejiang Province (Wenzhou, Ningbo, Hangzhou, Shaoxing, Jiaxing); Shanghai; Jiangsu Province (Suzhou, Nantong, Taizhou, Yangzhou, Nanjing); An'hui Province (Hefei, Huainan, Wuhu, Jixi, Huangshan); Hubei Province (Wuhan, Yichang, Jingzhou); Hunan Province (Yueyang, Changsha, Shaoshan); Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region (Guilin, Nanning, Baise); Yunnan Province (Kunming, Lijiang, Xamgyi' nyilha); Guizhou Province (Guiyang, Kaili, Zunyi); Chongqing; Sichuang Province (Guang'an, Mianyang, Guanghan, Leshan, Zigong, Yibin, Chengdu); Tibet Autonomous Region (Shannan Diqu, Lhasa); Qinghai Province (Golmud, Qinghai Hu, Xining); Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region (Urumqi, Kashi, Shihezi, Changji); Gansu Province (Dunhuang, Jiayuguan, Jiuquan, Tianshui, Lanzhou); Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region (Zhongwei, Wuzhong, Yinchuan); Shaanxi Province (Yan'an, Yangling, Xianyang, Xi'an); Shanxi Province (Yuncheng, Pingyao, Taiyuan, Datong); Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region (Hohhot, Ordos, Baotou, Chifeng); Heilongjiang Province (Qiqihar, Daqing, Harbin); Jilin Province (Songyuan, Changchun, Jilin, Yanji); Liaoning Province (Shenyang, Benxi, Liaoyang, Anshan, Dalian); Shandong Province (Yantai, Weihai, Qingdao, Rizhao, Linyi, Qufu, Tai'an, Jinan); Henan Province (Shangqiu, Kaifeng, Zhengzhou, Luoyang, Anyang); Hebei Province (Shijiazhuang, Qinhuangdao, Tangshan); Tianjin; and Beijing.
      Nice c/s. Chasen, we expect pics when it visits SFO.

-Chris

Comment

Of course, but dates would help.
        sigpic
        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
          Of course, but dates would help.
          Good point my friend.

According to the NY Sun, the date is set for April 9th.

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by z740
            Good point my friend.

According to the NY Sun, the date is set for April 9th.

-Chris
            My birthday, not that has any relevance.
            Will C.

Comment

Can you guys tell me asto when it would be coming to Mumbai (BOM/VABB) ??
              Thanks in Advance

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Vishal Jolapara
                Can you guys tell me asto when it would be coming to Mumbai (BOM/VABB) ??
                Thanks in Advance

Cheers
                According to the official updated schedule on the official web site, it is NOT going to Mumbai. The Indian stop is now New Delhi. The date it arrives at DEL is Apr 19.

Official information can be obtained here: http://torchrelay.beijing2008.cn/en/...ar/index.shtml
                Next:
                None Planned

Comment

Originally posted by CathayPacific
                  According to the official updated schedule on the official web site, it is NOT going to Mumbai. The Indian stop is now New Delhi. The date it arrives at DEL is Apr 19.

Official information can be obtained here: http://torchrelay.beijing2008.cn/en/...ar/index.shtml
                  Damn It !!!

Would've been difficult enough clicking her at BOM even if it would've come, New Delhi aaah forget it, cant risk getting whopped by the police there.

Comment

Never mind Vishal, she will be arriving at Heathrow on the 6th and I am off work So will be down there. Unfortunatley will miss her in Islamabad

Comment

Originally posted by turbotraker
                      Unfortunatley will miss her in Islamabad
                      I wonder if anyone will be able to click her in Islamabad ?

Comment

Originally posted by Vishal Jolapara
                        I wonder if anyone will be able to click her in Islamabad ?
                        I am determined to get at least ONE shot in the DB from Islamabad Airport!! I have my 100-400mm and have just ordered a 2x teleconverter. I know there will be enough light to allow me 'some' decent shots from the rooftops or get locked up!!

As for clicking her it will prob be a big no no. I tried to get some shots around the perimeter last year. The Army guard the whole perimeter, there is a post like every 100 yards. So NO chance. Only possible shot is from rooftops.

Comment

400 miles to see it, hmmmm

yes i am a boeing fan, and i know thats a airbus, haha

Comment

As you can see my shots, I do frequent trips to Heathrow from Manchester on a Saturday or Sunday. It is a 530 mile round trip to be precise. Barring torrential downpours on Sunday, I will be there .
                            Last edited by turbotraker; 2008-03-31, 07:48.

Comment

I would love to see shots of her when it makes the torch relay tour. Hopefully weather will be nice at LHR on that day. Ok, pardon me for asking this, but are these flights commercial flights?

Comment

Working...
                              X