If you owned your own airline...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you owned your own airline...

Right, it is nearly midnight and i am bord stupid so i thought i would start something fun...

If you were a CEO of your own airline, what would be your ideal fleet and why?

I can already predict that majority of americans will opt for Boeing and many of the Europeans will see Airbus as there main fleet.

I for one am a huge Airbus fan, so will have a huge Airbus fleet and give Boeing the finger_l_ haha

your views please

I'd "res-erect" Hooters Air and use all MD-80's. I don't need to explain why.

Comment

Straight 757s to Florida/Caribbean from various destinations in the USA

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
        I'd "res-erect" Hooters Air and use all MD-80's. I don't need to explain why.
        And Fokkers for Hooters Connect I presume (with Joe as the CP)?

Comment

I would fly some 200 and 100 seat 747 combis (like KLM does or did) - nice and comfortable.

Comment

In the interest of making money id get out of the business as soon as possible!
            Sam Rudge
            A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleboy
              SAme here Simpleboy. Sell it as fast as you can and buy almost anything else as it would make money.

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleboy
                Agreed, but you gotta do it the right way:
                Get in the business with a supposedly viable business plan, get some gullible investors to give you money for your project, pay yourself a $10.000 monthly salary, and after 1 year leave the airline with a $2 million Golden Parachute guaranteed in your contract. After that, enjoy your life in luxury while aviation geeks hate on you on internet forums .

Comment

Buy an A380 and sell it on to SQ for spare parts at a highly inflated rate.

Comment

2 dozen business jets...

probably a mix of Global Express' & Gulfstream 550's...

why? because they have the legs for my private charters!

next trips
                    USA/DXB August.

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269
                      And Fokkers for Hooters Connect I presume (with Joe as the CP)?
                      Nah, Joe would get distracted too easily and crash. He would be the overseer of 'Hootering' on every flight.

Comment

Seat Auction

I wrote an eBay type auction site for airline seat sales. Each seat has a bid price with variations for flexibility in travel plans, and the primary determinant being time left until the flight. Kind of yield management made public, left to the market.

Examples,
                        60 days in advance, auction begins for seat 23a on flight 123 (shows the seat map and calendar on screen)

As seat gets more bids, options for travel flexibility start disappearing, until

14 days before flight time, a Buy-iy-Now option appears and floats 20 per cent higher than the current bid price and all flexibility disappears

24 hours before flight, winning bidder gets the seat

Up to 2 hours before flight, winning bidder can resell the seat and split the increment with the carrier

Now I just need some planes. NWA ????
                        ASMEL-IA 1978 A&P-IA 1965 First Aloft 1954 DC-4
                        Dad: B-24 Ploesti Self: U205A1 private ops Nam

Comment

Ch. 11....I can see it coming! My airline is doomed.
                          My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Working...
                          X