A question about Southwest boarding and online check-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about Southwest boarding and online check-in

I am flying on WN for the first time, and I am flying to OAK for the first time!

This will also be my first time flying by myself without being an unaccompanied minor! I am really excited!

I am wondering a few things,

Has anyone experienced the new boarding procedures at Southwest? Is it easier? I went to SJC a few years ago on AA, and when I walked by the WN gates, I saw people getting into lines before the plane even arrived!

I read that the "A" boarding group goes to people who check in first. Do you have to check in online to be in the A boarding group? I have never checked-in online before, is it easy?

What if I don't have a printer to print my ticket?

Now I have a few questions about Oakland,

Is it an easy airport to use? is it clean?

What side of the plane should I sit on if I want to get good pictures during landing and taxi?*

What side of the plane should I sit on if I want to get good pictures of taxi and takeoff?*

*assuming that i takeoff and land on 29

Can I get good pictures from inside the terminal?

Thank you everyone!

How much are snack boxes? and what do they give in them?

I didn't even know that they gave snack boxes! until I looked at my Itin. and it said flights longer than 1271mi have snack boxes. MCI-OAK is about 1,500mi, i think, it would be funny if for some odd reason Kansas City and Oakland got pushed closer to each other, and were somehow put 1270mi apart, lol,

Would they still give peanuts on flights that are long enough for snack boxes?

I kind of like the honey roasted ones, my friend brought me back a bag of them when he went to Florida once...
    Last edited by jazzyspreetsingh; 2008-07-03, 21:29. Reason: spelling

Comment

I read that the "A" boarding group goes to people who check in first. Do you have to check in online to be in the A boarding group? I have never checked-in online before, is it easy?
      Correct, rather first one to check in online and down the order. It is advised to check in online to get the A boarding card, as the earlier you check in the lower your boarding number (which you want).

It is fairly easy to check in online southwest.com, there is a huge button that says CHECK IN ONLINE then enter your confirmation number, First, Last Name, then continue, be sure to select your itinerary and then it will work.

What if I don't have a printer to print my ticket?
      Not a problem, just check in at the 24 hour mark, and you may re print your boarding at one of the Kiosk Machines around the area of the airport or you may have it reprinted at the ticket counter too.

How much are snack boxes? and what do they give in them?
      Snack boxes are free on Southwest Airlines. Your MCI-OAK segment should qualify you for it, and they usually have some type of crackers, chips and a sweet, usually, cookies, or some type of sugar it varies often times.

Would they still give peanuts on flights that are long enough for snack boxes? I kind of like the honey roasted ones, my friend brought me back a back of them when he went to Florida once...
      They will pass out peanuts, unfortunatly they will be dry roasted, not honey roasted. This year is dry roasted, next yr will be honey. Even numbers are Dry, Odd numbers are honey roasted, typically.

Hope I answered all of your SWA questions. Thanks for choosing them and hope you have a great time!

Alex
      Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Originally posted by ATrude777

Snack boxes are free on Southwest Airlines. Your MCI-OAK segment should qualify you for it, and they usually have some type of crackers, chips and a sweet, usually, cookies, or some type of sugar it varies often times.
        Alex
        Wow! free?!?! are you serious!!!! That's awesome!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by ATrude777
        They will pass out peanuts, unfortunatly they will be dry roasted, not honey roasted. This year is dry roasted, next yr will be honey. Even numbers are Dry, Odd numbers are honey roasted, typically.
        I guess I will have to wait until next year, well at least they give out free snack boxes!

Thanks for all of the info ATrude777! it was really helpful!

Comment

now that my questions about WN have been answered, has anyone been to OAK?

thanks!

Comment

This morning my Skymarks WN 737 model fell... the wing on it broke, and I can't find one of the engines, is that really a good sign? hopefully the wing doesn't fall off!
            Last edited by jazzyspreetsingh; 2008-07-04, 15:59. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
            X