Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetphotos@Legoland

Hi everyone,

Inspired by this thread I decided to show you a few more bricks from Legoland... I visited the amusement park in Billund/DK last week and was surprised how much details one can spot over there... And of course I watched out for (Lego) aircraft... Enjoy:

This beast is the first "miniature" when you enter the park. I think it's about 2x2m.

"Airport Overview": Just behind it we see a model of Billund Airport with lots of action....

"Ramp shot", we can see a A343 and a A320, probably the same company.

"Terminal": On the other side there are a few Pax in typical situations...

The planes:

Taxi shot of a 737, I guess its a BBJ1 - check the black eyecover

Nice angle for this Candy Air 737...

...as well as for the A320. Note the missing winglet on the left wingtip.

Sorry for this ugly Skyvan...

The Lego Falcon 900 (check the corporate logo) on the Bizjet apron.

Well, and there are a few remote areas, where you can see...

...this one.

And this looks like a Texan, or perhaps like a Yak...

Oh, even a BeeGee and a Cub (note the cylinder heads) can be seen around Billund Airport

Well, when walking further on, a few other aircraft are waiting to be spotted:

Stationair #1 - preflight preparations. At least with nice reflections in the water...

Some action with the Stationair #2 - ready for taxi.

This seems to be a Sikorsky S-61@work... check the ground crew, poor guys.

Well, for the lighter-than-air cateory it's this one to see...

...and to finish we even reach out for the outer space!

No idea if I managed to spot everything - there was sooo much other detail to see... I hope you enjoyed the pics - comments appreciated!

PS: No, I won't upload them, as I will risk a rejection because of jaggies

WOW! Thats some impressive stuff. I thought this one had a Maresk 737 before, unless there are more giant lego airports.
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

WOW! amazing!

they should have something like this at the legoland in california! lol

did you see this http://farm1.static.flickr.com/186/3...6213a65beb.jpg

i think it is at the same park you were at (I see the concorde)

if it isn't does any one know where it is? i really want to go there, lol

awesome photos!

Comment

Hi, thanks for your comments

Originally posted by jazzyspreetsingh
        NO - referring to this 2003 site http://scandinavia.archill.net/photosll.php I guess they have rebuilt various parts of the exhibition... But it must have been there once. Uh, the SAS 319 would have been a nice catch

Some other pics - considering the castle of Neuschwanstein in the background I can say I was just standing exactly there??

And then even more pics - the builders seem to be veeeery active!

But - STOP - continuing googling gives this link - there seems to be another Legoland in Germany (displaying MUC - which obviously was moved!?)... More from Günzburg...

Back to Billund: German Blog entry of August, 2007, showing Lufthansa titels on the A340...

These pictures of unknown date (didn't look up EXIFs) show a Finnair Bus, blue and white Maersk, an ATR and a Fokker jet (?)...

Weeeell, let's stop it, Mirko.... The display obviously seems to be in constant movement, that's all I can sum up.

Comment

Those are REALLY good pics. It is amazing how much timw and effort go into building those things.

Regards,

GJ
          "A pilot lives in a world of perfection or does not live at all."

Comment

REJECTED! JAGGIES! LOLOL Wow that is pretty dam impressive. The time and effort that went into that is amazing.

Comment

That is amazing...now I am excited!
              My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Every child young and old remembers the day they saw their fist airplane. Congragulations to Legoland for understanding this.

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Comment

Those are sweet! It looks like they move around, but how? I don't see any little tracks for them to run on. I'm gonna be pissed if somebody gets paid to stand there and play with lego airplanes all day.

Comment

Originally posted by bleuair

And then even more pics - the builders seem to be veeeery active!
                    There is some subtle humor in that one. Like the FA and pilot in the A380, and the skeleton waiting in the airport.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
                      Those are sweet! It looks like they move around, but how?
                      They have magnetic tracks below the "apron and runway" and the planes have a corresponding magnet in their front landing gear, thus the planes move without any visible tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
                        I'm gonna be pissed if somebody gets paid to stand there and play with lego airplanes all day.
                        Well, considering the entrance fee (250DKK) they could easily pay a few professional Lego players...

Comment

haha that's great. The Concorde and Space Shuttle especially are impressive.

Some people have too much time on their hands...

Comment

Amazing stuff there, dont be surprised if you see me at legoland in the near future LOL.

Speed is life... Altitude is life insurance

Comment

Originally posted by jazzyspreetsingh
                              WOW! amazing!

they should have something like this at the legoland in california! lol

did you see this http://farm1.static.flickr.com/186/3...6213a65beb.jpg

i think it is at the same park you were at (I see the concorde)

if it isn't does any one know where it is? i really want to go there, lol

awesome photos!
                              That one was a replica of the old Munich airport. (Germany)
                              It was on display from 1995 to 2002, the Legoland then made a replica of the newly opened and modern terminal (BLL airport) that was inaugurated in 2002. Both launched to at the same time, the small BLL terminal at Legolad was part of an advertizement sponsored by the BLL airport management.
                              Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Working...
                              X