Cathay Pacific announces winter 08/09 schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cathay Pacific announces winter 08/09 schedule

Cathay Pacific announces its 2008/09 winter schedule, with increase of service to Dubai, Riyadh and Auckland, and decrease of service to Vancouver and Toronto.

Dubai service will increase 4 per week from 14 to 18 per week. The new service is in conjunction with Bahrain. The new flights are routed HongKong-Dubai-Bahrain-HongKong.

The current 4 per week Riyadh service is shared with Bahrain with routing HongKong-Bahrain-Riyadh-HongKong. Starting this winter, Riyadh will receive dedicated service with frequency kept at 4 per week. Thus, the route becomes HongKong-Riyadh-HongKong. Service to Bahrain remains unchanged as the lost shared-with-Riyadh frequencies are compensated by the new shared-with-Dubai frequencies.

Auckland, as in past winters, will receive 4 more flights per week, bringing total frequencies to 2 daily (from 10 weekly in summer).

Vancouver and Toronto will return to normal winter schedule as in the past. Vancouver will be reduced from 21 weekly to 17 weekly. Toronto will be reduced from 10 weekly to 1 daily, with the retirement of the HongKong-Anchorage-Toronto service, leaving all Toronto-HongKong flights non-stop. This also represents the end of passenger aircraft operation of Cathay Pacific at Anchorage (although the service at ANC is strictly technical stop-over)

Also, the airline announced a 3% to 15% fare increase for business class and first class travellers. Economy class fare remains unchanged.
    Next:
    None Planned

Is Cathay keeping JFK-YVR-HKG? Please tell me they are? Otherwise I have to fly the crap U.S carriers to YVR.....

Comment

Originally posted by tommyalf
      Is Cathay keeping JFK-YVR-HKG? Please tell me they are? Otherwise I have to fly the crap U.S carriers to YVR.....
      Yes, they are keeping CX887/888 HKG-YVR-JFK.

Moreover, that route is served by retrofitted 747-400 and will be served by the new 777-300ER when more of them are delivered, so you get the new economy class seats, and if you are flying business class, the flat beds.

I think the YVR-JFK segment is quite profitable from the 5th right traffic. Obviously anyone paying business class fare will prefer flying CX.
      Next:
      None Planned

Comment

Is SFO still going to be 2x daily?
        sigpic
        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Working...
        X