Alberta's Newest Airport??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alberta's Newest Airport??

AL4 aka Albain/Fort McKay, my company's own private jetport. Runway is 7548 feet, longer than YMM's by about 500 feet.

The Flair Air C-FLHR 727 is a charter that brings in workers from all over Canada to work at the Jack Pine Expansion, which will move our output of oil to 550,000 barrels a day by 2012.

From the database: Act 21524 727-223(Adv) C-FLHR Kelowna Flightcraft Air Charter 2004-10-12

"Terminal City" and the host company...

Comment

Nice. Booming Alberta. Maybe you guys can buy Ontario.

Comment

I think "Steady Eddie" will propose exactly that to that troll Dalton with the long nose this weekend at the Premiers' conference in Quebec City. Provincial surplus is supposed to be about $12 billion come 2009.

Comment

I saw on flytecomm.com last weekend. Canadian North flew from YEG to Albian/Fort McKay airport. I'm having a hard time to find airport code shows YNR. I do not find IATA code. It must've error YNR or it must be something else. It's private code I guess. Canadain North 737-200 flew there. I also search airport on google map. I found it so I can see runway without marking. It's gravel pavement. They have oil reserve plants. The oil company workers must be flying home to YEG or else. It is very interesting flight to oil company. How they can afford to airline expenses for workers? Oil company makes a lot of money! LOL! Anyway, it reminds me like Las Vegas to Area 51 Janet 737 everyday workers fly morning and back home fly evening to LAS.

Stuart

Comment

So that's what that Flair bird's been doing at YEG, I knew it was doing an oil company charter but I didn't know it was going somewhere new. Very nice facility you've got there

Comment

Flair Air, HawkAir, Canadian North, Suncor (with their own RJs) among others have all been flying charters into this strip over the past few months. It is significantly closer to the processing plant then the strip at YMM and makes it a lot easier to transport workers in and out of.

amraam

Comment

Our "jet" is a Dornier turbo prop. I will get a pic of it.

When you subtract the extra cost (and emotional duress) of keeping workers on their six days off in Camp, the cost of sending them home is a lot more
                reasonable that you might think.

More big eqpt, all brand new and never used

Comment

D11

Comment

I'm excited to fill up my car tomorrow!
                    My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

a78jumper...have heard you're in the process of getting a couple of pretty nice 'real' jets though...

amraam

Comment

Rush Hour at AL4/Flair Air's Newest Hub

Taken today under leaden northern ALberta skies-only 4C or about 40F here this morning!!!

C-FLHR photographed above earlier along with C-FLER, a 734, not sure of its origins as it is not on the database.

Comment

[photoid=6313220]
                          I have no idea where it came from as 6B was Calair's code originally.

Edit: My guess is Xtra Airways, but there could have been another airline in between
                          Last edited by Powercube; 2008-08-22, 21:07.

Comment

Two more visitors last week from Central Mountain Air, a B1900 and a Dornier 328.

HPIM1069.JPG

HPIM1076.JPG

Comment

Here is one you'll be seeing more of up North. It has been parked here in Calgary for the last 2 weeks: http://www.contrailsphotography.com/....php?pos=-2489

Cheers,
                              Sands
                              Jetphotos.net screener
                              MY PHOTOS AT JETPHOTOS.NET

Comment

Working...
                              X