No announcement yet.

First shots of Enerjet delivery flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice, I've been wondering where that plane was headed. Its been in DL Tech Ops for a couple weeks. I'm assuming that is one of the former Airtran 737s?

Comment

It takes a lot of courage to start a new airline now.

I am not too optimistic about this airline. They even got the computer render of their aircraft wrong in their home page. At the home page of www.enerjet.ca, the aircraft is apparently a wingletted 767-300 (note the 767 style cockpit window, the relative size of the engines to the wing and body, and the 2 side-by-side over-wing emergency exits), but the airline operates a fleet of 737-700 (note the paragraph below the aircraft).
      Next:
      None Planned

Comment

This airline is being started (and run) up by a couple of the original founders of WestJet...the same airline that is currently one of the only airlines in North America turning a yearly profit with sufficient cash in the bank. In addition, they took great pains in making sure they had sufficient funds before launching. IMHO they have a sound business plan, and will be taking small baby steps in order to make sure they will be successful even in today's market place. Remember that the Canadian economy is in significantly different shape then the US economy, even with the worldwide slowdown. All these factors, combined with the lower price in fuel, and a market that they're aiming for that will continue to be there for years to come makes for a very viable business plan. The people that are running EnerJet have been very successful in the Canadian aviation business for many years.

Most indicators show that the current recession (isn't GWB finally using the 'R' word?) will only last 6 - 18 months, though some of these people were the same ones predicting $200 / barrel oil by years end as well.

Everyone is welcome to their own opinion, but IMHO, I believe this airline will be around for a while, unless the 'blue and teal team' flying the same model aircraft make an attractive offer to make them disappear before the company goes public.

amraam

Comment

Emu,

To answer your question, yes, this is a former airTran bird (apparently with low flight hours and only a couple of years old)...and there should be a sister bird (C-GBEJ) hanging around there somewhere too, that will be heading to its new home in the next few weeks.

amraam

Comment

Originally posted by CathayPacific View Post
            It takes a lot of courage to start a new airline now.

I am not too optimistic about this airline. They even got the computer render of their aircraft wrong in their home page. At the home page of www.enerjet.ca, the aircraft is apparently a wingletted 767-300 (note the 767 style cockpit window, the relative size of the engines to the wing and body, and the 2 side-by-side over-wing emergency exits), but the airline operates a fleet of 737-700 (note the paragraph below the aircraft).

Keen eye on spotting the 767. As I opened the "contrails photography" link, I was even more surprised to see that the aircraft was listed (according to the website) as a 737-201.

Anyway, I will share in the opinion that this might not be the best time to start a new airline, but I do have to agree with Amraam that the Canadian market/economy is fundamentally different from the U.S. market/economy. Part of the reason why the aviation industry is in shambles at the moment, in the U.S., is because (rightly so) it needs to be. There are too many competitors on the market, and competition is fierce. Now, in Canada, I am not sure that I can say the same. I think that the new airline is, in the business sense, a good idea. Anyway, I want to see what the airline will do in the upcoming months.

BTW - the choice of the 737-700 is great in that for the range and size, but I wonder if they are considering adding another other aircraft types in the future. As a Canadian Charter airline, I would think that having an aircraft that is capable of doing Trans-Atlantic routes would be necessary, if not prudent, no?
            Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

[QUOTE=AA 1818;494259]Keen eye on spotting the 767. As I opened the "contrails photography" link, I was even more surprised to see that the aircraft was listed (according to the website) as a 737-201.

It is listed as a 737-7BD on all but one photo on the Contrails site. It was accidentilly clicked as a 737-201 on the drop down menu. Thanks for catching that.
              Jetphotos.net screener
              MY PHOTOS AT JETPHOTOS.NET

Comment

Nice scheme on that one. Wish them luck!
                sigpic
                http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

The tail livery is eye-catching, together with the name, this could help
                  Thanks for visiting
                  *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                  *JetPhotos*
                  Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
                  X