Mexicana's New Scheme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexicana's New Scheme

Is it just me, or is the new Mexicana paint scheme the worst thing ever to be worn on an aircraft? And I thought their current one was a huge step down.

See link: [photoid=6422773]

Thoughts?

Cheers,
    Chris
    Last edited by AJ; 2008-11-28, 03:37.
    Jetphotos.net screener
    MY PHOTOS AT JETPHOTOS.NET

Horrible. And I actually liked their old colors.

Comment

Are they serious...how does that new scheme represents Mexico in anyway what so ever? Disappointing. I agree, the last scheme was much better, and that's saying something.
      what ever happens......happens

Comment

Oh god....horrible, bring back the multi-colored tails.
        sigpic
        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

What's wrong with CEO and VP thinking of that? Aren't they drunk? lol I don't like these new color. Most people don't understand what stand for color or symbol of their country. That's too bad. I hope they change their mind and stay old color.

Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD View Post
            Horrible. And I actually liked their old colors.
            Yuck....talk about a real hideous modification to their livery! Oh well, at least Mexico still has Rocio Sanchez Azuara (now she's "Eye Candy"!)

Comment

All I can say is YUCK!!!!! They must of had too much Tequila.
              John Poshepny

If the Wright brother were alive today Wilbur would have to fire Orville to reduce costs.— Herb Kelleher, Southwest Airlines, 'USA Today,' 1994

Comment

Not a fan of the colour scheme... but the overall flow of the design is quite good, I think. Look at how the nose design relates to the tail. At least they put some thought into that.

Comment

While it may not be the most flashy color scheme out there i can see some Mexican heritage and pride in the design.

Here is Mexicana's press release about the new scheme.

Robin Guess Aviation Historian, Photographer, Web Designer.

http://www.Jet-Fighters.Net
                  http://www.Jet-Liners.Net

Comment

I like the design, but the choice of that hidious bright blue is down right nasty.
                    -Not an Airbus or Boeing guy here.
                    -20 year veteran on the USN Lockheed P-3 Orion.

Comment

Not so bad to me! I've have seen much better schemes but anyway not so horrible!

Comment

Wow... I think at this point they've swapped more liveries in the past decade than...

...Delta.

Comment

For - I feel it as quintessentially Mexican. Furthermore, MXA is keen to show the world it's ready for change, major ones well illustrated by discarding the block-letters and the stylized M in use since 1967 ....
                          Against - I am nethertheless disappointed, MXA used to treat us better as far liveries are concerned
                          Verdict - it will take time for me to adapt
                          Last edited by uy707; 2008-11-30, 18:59.
                          Thanks for visiting
                          *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                          *JetPhotos*
                          Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Aeromexico looks so much better than them now.

Comment

You know - how many of you now like DL's latest color scheme? How many of you now like UA's latest color scheme? So many of you voiced noticeable dislike of both of those schemes upon their debut and now have grown (for the very least) accustomed to them. I think that in time, this scheme will also grow on many of you. While I do think that the new c/s departs from the a more 'professional' look of the past - it is perhaps much more avant-guarde than most of us are accustomed to. It is very abstract, and while many of you may not like it at the moment, in time it may prove quite progressive.

I, for one - at first glance looked upon it with disdain, but now I am very impressed with it and it is quickly growing on me.
                              Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Working...
                              X