Wunala Dreaming VH-OEJ/LAX????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wunala Dreaming VH-OEJ/LAX????

Before Qantas started to recieve their A380s, Wunala Dreaming was Always at LAX. Now that Qantas started to recieve their A380s now, Qantas doesn't fly Wunala Dreaming to LAX that much anymore. Why is that?? I know, I ask too many questions about Qantas, Wunala Dreaming and LAX on here, but oh well, that's part of life and life goes on.... I'm sorry. Does anybody work for Qantas on here and (I know people do on this site coz people on here has replied back to my other posts i'v made on here that do work for Qantas) and if so, can you please explain why Qantas doesn't fly Wunala Dreaming to LAX thats much anymore? I would like to know. Thank you.

Well aircraft are assigned to routes based on the seating configuration that is sold for the route. We don't send a specific acft on a route just so they can see it at one destination more than another.

Unless you are sitting at the airport watching every acft or in aircraft routing where you can assign the acft it is random based on the seating sold on the route.

I'll give you an example at AC. We have 4 "bunk" B763's and they are planned on YYZ-YVR-PVG (Shangai) and YYZ-TLV (Tel Aviv). Every once in a while they will show up on another route due to maintenance requirements or the load fits the smaller configuration, however PVG and TLV only see these 4 B763's and if they get a different B763 it's because weather or maintenance has disrupted the acft routings.

Comment

The aircraft usually go where their configuration sends them, as Dale says. I think, however, that you have basically answered your own question. The A380's are now doing a lot of the MEL to LA flying, which was the predominant domain of the 744ER's. They are also doing some of the SYD - LA flying. Another factor is the start of the SYD - EZE flying, which is only done in ER's. So there is one less chance to see it. I don't know what the flying patterns look like now, but with the MEL flying, you'd find one aircraft did MEL LA MEL LA MEL LA, basically for a week, so you would see it every second day. Which would mean if it was OEJ (a 1 in 6 chance) you'd see it all the time. Now, with some flights being A380, i'm sure thats changed.

When it comes down to it though, with the A380 there are less 744's in LA every day, so less chance to see it I'd have thought!

Comment

Wunala seems to appear at SFO quite often now.

Comment

Jeffery, its coming to SFO very often now. We stole it from LAX. You guys got the A380, so SFO sent them an e-mail saying we deserve Wunula Dreaming at the LEAST. QF agreed and now we get it and you don't. Oh well, thats part of life, and life goes on.
          sigpic
          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla View Post
            Jeffery, its coming to SFO very often now. We stole it from LAX. You guys got the A380, so SFO sent them an e-mail saying we deserve Wunula Dreaming at the LEAST. QF agreed and now we get it and you don't. Oh well, thats part of life, and life goes on.
            I have to agree that Wunala Dreaming (or anything else that blatantly gay) is much more in place at SFO.

Comment

Originally posted by Spad13 View Post
              I have to agree that Wunala Dreaming (or anything else that blatantly gay) is much more in place at SFO.
              Yeah, but we still don't have Mario Lopez.
              sigpic
              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

It was at LAX on Weds. Did the run to JFK.
                Jetphotos.net screener
                MY PHOTOS AT JETPHOTOS.NET

Comment

Spad,
                  As an enormous fan of Wanula Dreaming, and your "gay" comment...

...I have to say, being a lover of that scheme and having flown in her...

...that you could possibly end up with a serious pain in the butt....

( Thinks !! ......maybe I shouldn't have used those words ...)

Nonetheless, a beautiful colour scheme. My all time favourite.
                  If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
                  X