A310 and MD-11 routes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A310 and MD-11 routes?

A310 and M11 are starting to get pretty rare. I know OK and TS still have de 310 and KL and AY the M11.

Are there any more airlines/routes with this aircraft?
    Airlines: XT,KL,SN,ACA,DL,AF,TV,SN,OS,LX,WA,NW,FI,US,AW,CO,OH,OO,9W,AA,AE,FL,B6

Aircraft:AT4,B763,B734,A321,B743,FRJ,B763ER,B772,A343,B733,F70,MD80,AR8,A319,CRJ,F50,D10,D95,A333,B752,B762,ERD,B764,CR9,B77W,AB6,ATR,B717,E190

Airports: ANR,AMS,ATL,BRU,ATH,JFK,LGA,GSP,CDG,FCO,EWR,FAO,VIE,ZRH,MEM,DTW,KEF,PHL,CLT,IAH,MIA,JAX

Re:

Russia's S7 Airlines is still operating the 310, as is Air India (although more are being converted to freighters), Uzbekistan Airways, Turkish Airlines, Gabon Airlines (between Liberville and Paris CDG for summer 09) and Tarom all operate 310s.

Comment

FedEx (FX or FDX) has:
      A300-600 70 each, operates 64.
      A310 70 each, operates 65.
      MD-11 60 each, operates 58.
      Don
      Standard practice for managers around the world:
      Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

Comment

Some more A310 operators not mentioned above : Czech, Air Transat, Bangladesh Biman, Oman, PIA, Mahan, Royal Jordanian, Yemenia, Air Algerie (??), Kuwait (??). There will be a few others. Not sure, but Air India may be retiring theirs.

Some air forces also operate A310s, eg. Germany, Belgium, France, Canada.

On MD-11s, I think Finnair will phase theirs out soon for A330s. Another passenger operator might be World (correct me if I'm wrong).

Comment

A310 is also operated by these:

Mongolian
          Kuwait Airways
          Iran Air
          Saga Airlines - operated for Ariana and Air Algerie
          Kuzu Cargo
          Hi Fly - operated for Oman Air

and MD-11 by these:

China Cargo Airlines
          Shanghai Cargo
          EVA Cargo
          Saudi Arabian Cargo
          Ethiopian Cargo
          Aeroflot Cargo
          Lufthansa Cargo
          UPS
          World Airways Cargo - some operated for Etihad Cargo
          Varig Log

Comment

Originally posted by HalcyonDays View Post
            Some more A310 operators not mentioned above : Czech, Air Transat, Bangladesh Biman, Oman, PIA, Mahan, Royal Jordanian, Yemenia, Air Algerie (??), Kuwait (??). There will be a few others. Not sure, but Air India may be retiring theirs.

Some air forces also operate A310s, eg. Germany, Belgium, France, Canada.

On MD-11s, I think Finnair will phase theirs out soon for A330s. Another passenger operator might be World (correct me if I'm wrong).
            Yep, World does operate military and other charters with M11s. Air India is not retiring all of its 313s, about a quarter of the current 313 fleet is being converted into freighters for AI Cargo.

Comment

White (Portugal) operates 3 A313's and wet leases 1 to TAP Portugal for the weekly flight LIS-TMS (São Tomé).
              TAP - Transportes Aéreos Portugueses

Voe mais alto. Fly higher.

www.flytap.com

Comment

Its hard to beleive that the MD-11 is becoming rare, because I see alot of them here in ANC
                You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Martinair Cargo has 7 MD-11's and with the 10 of KLM we can still enjoy it here in AMS

Comment

I think we can all agree that MD-11s are still fairly visible around the world, but almost all are cargo airframes, and I think the thread starter was asking about passenger flights. These are now very rare for the MD-11. The only MD-11s I flew on were operated by Swissair, Finnair and China Airlines.

Comment

Air India still has 9 Airbus A310s in service, there are mainly former SQ birds.

Let's hope KLM's MD-11s are still in service for sometime to come, I have always wanted to ride one.

Rohan

Comment

Well, these birds are indeed rare nowadays. I don't even know if there are any pax A310's around the USA. However, SFO still gets a KLM MD-11 during certain seasons and I've had the priviledge of riding one a few years back.

Comment

VIP A310s also in Kuwait Airways and Qatar Airways colours and MD-11 in Saudi Arabian livery.

Comment

Originally posted by sfoflyer View Post
                            Well, these birds are indeed rare nowadays. I don't even know if there are any pax A310's around the USA. However, SFO still gets a KLM MD-11 during certain seasons and I've had the priviledge of riding one a few years back.
                            KLM decides this summer that they are going to do with their 747M and MD-11. Probaly they will replace them for the 787 or A350.
                            So enjoy it now it's still possible.

Comment

Firstly - great topic. I love A310s and seeing them vanish from service is heartbreaking to me as well.

Anyway, as for routes:

PIA employs their A310s to the following cities:

Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Delhi, Dhaka, Kathmandu, Mumbai, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Dammam, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait, Muscat, Riyadh
                              Amsterdam, Barcelona [from 29 March], Glasgow, Istanbul, Leeds/Bradford, London-LHR, London-STN [from 1 April], Manchester, Moscow.

CSA employs their A310s to the following cities:

JFK, MIA, YYZ

Something else - an excellent trip report was done by our very own Plane Hunter, and it was quite and interesting read:

TAROM uses their A310s on the following:

London, Madrid, Larnaca, Tel Aviv, Timişoara

Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Working...
                              X