A320s of PR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A320s of PR

Who knows if the A320s used in PR's MNL-SIN flights are usually the newer ones (i.e. Mabuhay/Business class on Recaro seats with AVOD)?

I would assume that PR's dispatch department probably has that information.

Comment

Originally posted by a330340watcher View Post
      Who knows if the A320s used in PR's MNL-SIN flights are usually the newer ones (i.e. Mabuhay/Business class on Recaro seats with AVOD)?
      There's no guarantee.

AFAIK, the older A320s are still used on the regional routes. All of the A320s are rotated on all routes, although the newer ones are preferred for the international flights (better business seats) and the older ones for the domestic services (some convertible business seats = more economy).

FYI.
      new A320s = 11
      old A320s = 7
      So at present you have a 60% chance of getting the new ones. Some time later, some of the older ones are planned for turnover to AirPhils/ PALexpress, as new ones are delivered.

Comment

I would have preferred that they deploy an A319. There we could be guaranteed a 100% chance of seeing the new cabin.

Comment

Originally posted by a330340watcher View Post
          I would have preferred that they deploy an A319. There we could be guaranteed a 100% chance of seeing the new cabin.
          The A319s are deployed primarily to domestic routes that cannot support the A320 - either because of passenger numbers or airport restrictions. Not sure about the figures, but you get the idea. The A319s occasionally do international flights when not flying the said routes. There are only four of these, compared to the 18x A320s with more to be delivered.

MNL-SIN is now operating slightly below normal capacity, so I think they would not want to place A319s on the route instead of A320s. One daily flight is supposed to use the A330, but had to be swapped with an A320 so that MNL-Australia could go daily.

The new A320 cabins are nothing compared to the new 744 cabins, btw.

Comment

Working...
          X