Calling all torontians!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I brought a friend.

It was funny actually, a KLM 747-400 landed 10 minutes earlier, so, after one person said "There it is" everyone was anticipating it. We were all thrown into 'tears' as it wasn't the queen of the skies. But eventually what seemed like half an hour later the A380 came into a marvelous landing, funny thing was is that it was quieter than anything that landed before and after.
    I'm the guy... Porter Guy

Comment

Originally posted by porter guy View Post
      I brought a friend.

It was funny actually, a KLM 747-400 landed 10 minutes earlier, so, after one person said "There it is" everyone was anticipating it. We were all thrown into 'tears' as it wasn't the queen of the skies. But eventually what seemed like half an hour later the A380 came into a marvelous landing, funny thing was is that it was quieter than anything that landed before and after.
      Lol, we saw that too. Everyone was getting excited, seeing that it was a 4-engine heavy jet coming in. The bubble bursted the second everyone saw the first hint of blue on the fuselage.

Comment

Yes we figured that the GTAA switched the runways so the aircraft would come to a stop in front of the GTAA building. The winds were light and the runway change caught us all by surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale View Post
          Yes we figured that the GTAA switched the runways so the aircraft would come to a stop in front of the GTAA building. The winds were light and the runway change caught us all by surprise.
          That makes sense, considering how the directions changed just before and after the A380's arrival.

You're still at work, Dale? It's been a long day, eh!

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206 View Post
            You're still at work, Dale? It's been a long day, eh!
            Yep a 16 1/2 hour day today and back at 05:30 Tuesday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by porter guy View Post
              I brought a friend.

Lol, we saw that too. Everyone was getting excited, seeing that it was a 4-engine heavy jet coming in. The bubble bursted the second everyone saw the first hint of blue on the fuselage.
              That must of been really funny!

The GTAA, crazy people .

BTW did anyone get any half descent pictures? I know the weather was bad, so how did they turn out?

Nehal

Comment

Hahah...I pulled a 12 hr day and I'm back in, in about 4 1/2 hours.
                My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Cam View Post
                  Let me send you the Canada Labour Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Cam View Post
                    That's the most you've worked in the last two months Cam. How tired can you get being the "straw boss."

Barry

Comment

I have a question, how come the A380 only uses 2 engine for their reverse thrust? I saw that the EK in YYZ did the same.
                      Flickr |Airliners.Net | Airplane-Pictures.Net | Jetphotos.Net

Comment

Back to flipping burgers?

Comment

Originally posted by C-FITL View Post
                          I have a question, how come the A380 only uses 2 engine for their reverse thrust? I saw that the EK in YYZ did the same.
                          Because only the two outer engines are equipped for reverse thrust.

Comment

Because only the two outer engines are equipped for reverse thrust.
                            wrong, its the two inner engines.

Comment

Mmm, indeed, lookss kinda weird but ok.
                              Flickr |Airliners.Net | Airplane-Pictures.Net | Jetphotos.Net

Comment

Working...
                              X