Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Customer: Nepal Airlines Corporation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Customer: Nepal Airlines Corporation...

We had expected only Airbus and Boeing companies to bid because our call was only for manufacturers but three other companies have also offered bid," said Raju K. C., spokesman of NAC. "I do not know whether the other three bids will be valid."

The other companies include Ilyoshin Finance Corporation of Russia, Commercial Aircraft Sales Leasing and Consulting Company of the U. S. and Kathmandu-based Aero Express Aviation. According to eKantipur.com, the bids will be opened on Friday and then it will be evaluated by a 14-member committee headed by Deputy Managing Director of NAC Ganesh Thakur.

NAC has kept open the two options of buying two narrow body aircraft and one narrow body and one wide body aircraft. A narrow body aircraft has about 150 seats and NAC expects it to cost about60 million U.S. dollars and wide body aircraft has between 240 and 310 seats and the cost is expected to be between 125-150 million dollars.

http://english.people.com.cn/90001/9...3/6663858.html
    Just as a foreword - this is and will not disintegrate into a A vs B.

Well, at least someone is ordering aircaft! I guess now is as good a time as ever to order as perhaps aircraft will be cheaper. I really hope that they get the best aircraft for the buck. Any predictions?
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Wouldn´t it be good to get some Tu-204?
    "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818 View Post
      Just as a foreword - this is and will not disintegrate into a A vs B.

Well, at least someone is ordering aircaft! I guess now is as good a time as ever to order as perhaps aircraft will be cheaper. I really hope that they get the best aircraft for the buck. Any predictions?
      I doubt that this thread will become an A vs. B war, but you never know.

It's nice to see that Nepal Airlines is trying to order some new aircraft and hopefully expand their operations. Any news on what size aircraft they are looking at? From the size of their operations, I would guess the largest size aircraft they would order would be a Boeing 757 or the Airbus A321. More likely they will order an Airbus A319 or Boeing 737-700/800, to fill the void between the DHC-6 and the Boeing 757s they already have. I just don't see them ordering anything larger, based on the size of their current operations.

Regards,

Rohan

Comment

I am keeping my fingers crossed for them to make an announcement that they are choosing to head to Embraer! Can you imagine - ERJ-170s with a new c/s?
        Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Working...
        X