Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AA Flight Upgrades Beacause of DFW Weather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA Flight Upgrades Beacause of DFW Weather?

I was looking on flightaware and I noticed that some flights scheduled to DFW on flightaware were showing different aircraft for certain routes. For example, flight 1391, JAX-DFW, which is usually an MD-80 is now scheduled as a 757. And even though the flight was cancelled, is that plane still going to run a flight to Dallas? Or is Flightaware not correct and there really isnt a 757 even in JAX? Another flight was 1409 CMH-DFW, usually another MD-80, but showing 737. Any info would be appreciated.

Most likely so.

I noticed this morning's AA STL-MIA which is a 757 was downgraded to an MD80 Whether that had anything to do with DFW who knows!

Alex
    Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

I had a similar experience back in 2005. My original flight from IAH-LAS with a connecting flight to SEA was cancelled on America West Express for some reason, so I was rebooked on Continental. As luck would have it, some nasty storms went through the IAH area so instead of a 73G my flight was originally supposed to be on, it was upgraded to a 753.
      Last edited by NWA 757 351; 2009-06-16, 19:24. Reason: typo error!

Comment

^OKC had several diverted flights on that day due to severe storms training over DFW, from MKE, EWR and other destinations. I saw Midwest Connect had a 170, AA had some 80s and CO had a 73G diverted there from EWR as well.

Comment

Working...
        X