Yemenia Airlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yemenia Airlines

In light of the recent loss of one of their aircraft off the coast of Comoros..it would seem that the airline are threatening to cancel an order/MOU with Airbus for 10 A350 aircraft!
    They state they wanted more moral and media support during the recent incident.

Is it me... i am sure Airbus offers the same support to any of its customers in these circumstances, as i am sure Boeing would have.

Could this be trying to move the spotlight somewhat until they know the full extent of the accident/blame etc etc

What do you guys think?

I would assume they're just trying to shift blame and save face. If they paint Airbus as a company that doesn't stand behind its products, then maybe the public will hold Airbus, and not Yemenia, accountable for the crash.

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269 View Post
      I would assume they're just trying to shift blame and save face. If they paint Airbus as a company that doesn't stand behind its products, then maybe the public will hold Airbus, and not Yemenia, accountable for the crash.
      I was thinking that, until I realized the financial state of the airline. At this time, most airline are so concerned that they may not be able to operate with (successfully) financially that many are using any excuse possible to cancel order. 10 A350 was an ambitious order, perhaps 7-8 would have been more reasonible, going as far as thinking that 5-6 would have been ideal (with a suppliment of new A332s to go along with that, or even A321/or 737-900s).

Another example of the tactic - is QF really as upset as media outlets and speculator have claimed them to be at the 787 delays? Or, is it more than likely, that they are revising their financial outlooks and revising orders to suit?

Either way - I am sure that Boeing is well underway and in talks with the airline, displaying the 787 on the heels of cancellation rumors. If, truly, they are upset by EADS/Airbus, we should be looking at Boeing increasing orders soon.
      Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Working...
      X