"New" airline, City Skies, to offer New Orleans/S.Florida to LatAm services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "New" airline, City Skies, to offer New Orleans/S.Florida to LatAm services

City Skies already has set up their ticket counter at MSY (utilizing TACA's former counter), pictures soon.

New Orleans - Cancun
    New Orleans - Tegucigalpa
    New Orleans - San Pedro Sula

...and also Fort Lauderdale to various Central American routes as well.

All nonstops, expected to start next month. 737s, operated by existing-carrier Swift Air.

http://www.uflycityskies.com/cityskies/?page_id=8
    Us, lighting a living horse on fire:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH2_Q3oJPeU

Check it out!

I call 'bullsh*t'. I don't know why - but this either seems fake, or doomed from the beginning...Best of luck to them! Oh, and 'Connecting Ft.Lauderdale with Latin America'. Umm, wait until you get to FLL and Sprit, JetBlue and then AA (to a lesser extent through FLL and majorly via MIA) decide to run some competition your way. Umm, best of luck once again. Oh, and why not just use pics of a 737 on the website's homepage? It is so very common that I am sure that it could easily be found/used (and 'fixed' to match their scheme). Leave the 787 out of the home page!
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818 View Post
      Umm, wait until you get to FLL and Sprit, JetBlue and then AA (to a lesser extent through FLL and majorly via MIA) decide to run some competition your way.
      They can't... well, not anymore than is already present.

One of the reasons this company's sticking to Honduras from MFW is due to the fact that no additional scheduled service can be added there at this time... but a scheduled charter service can walk right in.

TACA had served the New Orleans - Honduras market for 61 (yes, sixty one) years in a row prior to Katrina. That market hasn't vacated, but TACA's not been able to return due to cat-2 restrictions on that country.

If this "airline" works, it'd actually be a pretty decent interim solution for the population, as opposed to having to trek via ATL/IAH/MIA for the last few years.

Check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by ConcordeBoy View Post
        If this "airline" works, it'd actually be a pretty decent interim solution for the population, as opposed to having to trek via ATL/IAH/MIA for the last few years.
        Interim until what?

Comment

This is actually long overdue. I hope they are very successful, and I think they can be, just looking at the routes they are planning on flying. There are 80,000 Hondurans living in the New Orleans area...one of the largest populations in the U.S, only behind, IIRC, Miami and Houston. Those folks supported the TA service for years, and I have no doubt they'll support this. And CUN, well come on, any decent sized metro area can support a couple of weekly flights to CUN.
          The NEW New Orleans: Tradition in Progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Spad13 View Post
            Interim until what?
            Realistically, until Honduras is no longer Cat2, and TA can return.

Originally posted by DixieClipper View Post
            one of the largest populations in the U.S, only behind, IIRC, Miami and Houston.
            Washington, New York, and Houston all have larger Honduran populations... interesting to note that only the latter has more than 1 competitor to that country, having a smaller market (but far more business ties) than the two former.

Check it out!

Comment

New pics of checkin area:

Check it out!

Comment

Realistically, until Honduras is no longer Cat2, and TA can return.
                How does the Cat2 restriction work in terms of the United States? Isn't TACA technically an airline of El Salvador (its HQ is in San Salvador)? If so, how would Cat2 prevent TACA from flying MSY-Honduras?

Comment

Originally posted by Vincentomoh View Post
                  Isn't TACA technically an airline of El Salvador
                  Yes

Originally posted by Vincentomoh View Post
                  If so, how would Cat2 prevent TACA from flying MSY-Honduras?
                  Cat2 does not just apply to USA carriers... Israel is a perfect example of that. What I'm not sure of (meaning I haven't seen the legislation for myself, only heard it 2nd-hand) is whether a 3rd-party airline utilizing 5th freedoms or higher would be exempt... I've been told the answer is no, they would not be allowed to add/alter frequencies or destinations to/from that location, but again, haven't seen the legislation for myself.

Check it out!

Comment

Yes

Cat2 does not just apply to USA carriers... Israel is a perfect example of that. What I'm not sure of (meaning I haven't seen the legislation for myself, only heard it 2nd-hand) is whether a 3rd-party airline utilizing 5th freedoms or higher would be exempt... I've been told the answer is no, they would not be allowed to add/alter frequencies or destinations to/from that location, but again, haven't seen the legislation for myself.
                    Wait it minutes? Is that one of newest airlines from MSY? I didn't realize know that. How is possibility where new airlines will be introduce new routes out of MSY? Do you know which specific routes coming from? What kind of the aircraft is that?

Comment

Originally posted by PiedmontAirlines View Post
                      Wait it minutes? Is that one of newest airlines from MSY? I didn't realize know that. How is possibility where new airlines will be introduce new routes out of MSY? Do you know which specific routes coming from? What kind of the aircraft is that?
                      Um... read the original post, it answers just about all of this.

Check it out!

Comment

Working...
                      X