Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Qantas's Flagship Airplane-Wunala Dreaming/A380?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qantas's Flagship Airplane-Wunala Dreaming/A380?

I have been hearing that Wunala Dreaming/VH-OEJ "was" Qantas's old flagship plane and now that Qantas has the A380s in their fleet, some people are saying that the A380 is Qantas's new flagship plane.

My question is... What plane is Qantas's flagship airplane? Wunala Dreaming/VH-OEJ? Or the Airbus A380?

I need to know the answer people. Please? Thank you.

Well, somebody has to know the answer to the question....

Comment

You've given an ~9 hour response time. AJ may be able to shed some light on this but have some patience.
      Sam Rudge
      A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

I guess it would be the 380 considering thats their newest toy.

Comment

Originally posted by UAL744LAX View Post
          I need to know the answer people. Please? Thank you.
          Sounds like you have money on this with somebody...

3.any of the best or largest ships or airplanes operated by a passenger line.

Looks like by definition you lose.

Comment

All Qantas aircraft are flagships as they carry the Australian flag.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ View Post
              All Qantas aircraft are flagships as they carry the Australian flag.

Hey AJ,

Some airlines have one certain airplane they concider as a flagship airplane because that one certain airplane repersents them. Now, just like Qantas and Wunala Dreaming/VH-OEJ, that is Qantas's Flagship plane because it's painted up and it repersents Qantas and it also repersents Austrailia. Am I right? Or am I wrong?

Comment

Several airlines have aircraft with special paint jobs. Air Canada has fin 742 with Olympic figures on it (there are about six more aircraft with special themes). This just means you will see it in ads and anywhere they need a B777 for a display.

Comment

Hey AJ,

Some airlines have one certain airplane they concider as a flagship airplane because that one certain airplane repersents them. Now, just like Qantas and Wunala Dreaming/VH-OEJ, that is Qantas's Flagship plane because it's painted up and it repersents Qantas and it also repersents Austrailia. Am I right? Or am I wrong?
                  Read the definition: "any of the best or largest ships or airplanes...". Notice the plurals of ships and airplanes - so prior to the A380's it was the fleet of 747's (you could get technical and pick different subvarients based on MTOW), now the 4 x A380's are the flagships of the airline. Qantas also has a special livery on one of its Q400's - that doesn't make it the flagship either.

Just pay your mate the $20.

P.S. The word is 'represents'.

Comment

Im prepared to say that the A380 will be Qantas' flagship plane simply for the reason that its so celebrated by all airlines with the airplane, and for the fact that its on the new Qantas commercial (which may I ad is absolutely incredible, and gives me chills when i watch it).

For now though the flagship plane probably is still the 747 Wunala Dreaming aircraft. Give it a couple of years (?) and it may be the A380.

Cheers
                    There's nothing like an airport for bringing you down to earth. — Richard Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by QFCPT747 View Post
                      Im prepared to say that the A380 will be Qantas' flagship plane simply for the reason that its so celebrated by all airlines with the airplane, and for the fact that its on the new Qantas commercial (which may I ad is absolutely incredible, and gives me chills when i watch it).

For now though the flagship plane probably is still the 747 Wunala Dreaming aircraft. Give it a couple of years (?) and it may be the A380.

Cheers
                      Wiill they consult you before making the decision?

Comment

Well, somebody has to know the answer to the question....
                        There's a broken down 737 sitting in Tazmania in QF colors that they call their flagship. Does that answer your question?

Comment

Originally posted by QFCPT747 View Post

Cheers

Thank You Very Much QFCPT747. I had a Huntch it was Wunala Dreaming/VH-OEJ was, still IS Qantas's flagship. Because look at the plane, it is repREsents Qantas AND Austrailia. I don't care what anybody says, Wunala Dreaming is concider as the only flagship plane in Qantas's fleet because the way it is painted up. Thank you. All of you guys have a good day now.

Comment

Thank You Very Much QFCPT747. I had a Huntch it was Wunala Dreaming/VH-OEJ was, still IS Qantas's flagship. Because look at the plane, it is repREsents Qantas AND Austrailia. I don't care what anybody says, Wunala Dreaming is concider as the only flagship plane in Qantas's fleet because the way it is painted up. Thank you. All of you guys have a good day now.
                            And you can believe what QFCPT747 says because your read it on the internet. I'm not sure he even works for Qantas (check this thread: http://forums.jetphotos.net/showthre...213#post528213) - Meanwhile, AJ who does work for Qantas did not nominate VH-OEJ as the flagship - but hey, any excuse to get out of paying your mate the 20 I guess...

In the interests of furthering your education, well done on repResents, now you'll need to start on:

'Hunch' and 'considered' (note use of tense).

I will have a good day, as I trust will you.

Comment

Most likely when the world economy picks itself up, Qantas probally will paint a special scheme on an A380. Even whenever they do get the B787, whoever has the A380, that plane is their flagship.

This would be interesting though.......

what ever happens......happens

Comment

Working...
                              X