MyTravel Airways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MyTravel Airways

Hi all, I was just wondering if anybody knows anything further on MyTravel's current status

Thanks

jmc_757-200 [img]laff.gif[/img]

Enjoy Every Moment

MyTravel Airways

Dunno but I flew with them a few weeks ago and thought they were brilliant. I flew G-TDTW (DC10-10) from MAN-TFS-MAN. Brilliant Flight [img]clap.gif[/img]
    Beers are always better when nice and cold

Comment

MyTravel Airways

Hi GKIRK i read your trip report [img]laff.gif[/img]

Enjoy Every Moment

Comment

MyTravel Airways

Of course My Travel Airlines are part of the My Travel group (formerly Airtours).

Some parts of the business may be sold off. Some former members of senior management are rumoured to be interested in buying these bits.

The core business is probably sound. The problem they have is a 'black hole' was discovered by the new auditors into which millions of pounds have disappeared.

The other problem will be public confidence. Some travel agents (mainly those owned by rivals such as Tui group's Lunn Poly) have stopped stocking their brochures and selling their holidays. This won't help matters.

They probably won't go out of business though. The worst thing that could happen would be a takeover but this might run into regulatory problems if a major travel company tried to buy them. Perhaps a venture capital company such as 3i might sink a lot of money in and gain a controlling interest. They did this very successfully with Go Fly and made a fortune within a very short time when easyJet bought Go.

I travelled to Tunisia with My Travel Airlines (Airbus A 321) in September this year and found them to be pretty good.

[ November 01, 2002 06:07 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by MerchantVenturer ]

Comment

MyTravel Airways

Im flying MYT again next year, MAN-TFS again, on the DC-10 again! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]clap.gif[/img]
          Beers are always better when nice and cold

Comment

MyTravel Airways

Hi, Thanks for your replies, I've not heard much about MyTravel recemtly so maybe things are looking up. [img]clap.gif[/img]

Thanks

jmc_757-200 [img]heart.gif[/img] JMC

Enjoy Every Moment

Comment

Working...
            X