Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vietnam Order

Way to go Vietnam Airlines

They have just signed on the dotted line to buy 4 x A380's and 2x A350 XWB's
    Press releases said they also expressed their concerns over their 787 orders placed?? with this new concern over the delamination of the composites, will this be party to a cancellation from Vietnam ??

Congrats to Vietnam, I surely didn't expect to hear this, and with them being concern about the 787, who wouldn't be, they don't know for sure when will they get their 787s. Something tells me they might just cancel their 787 orders and get more A350.

****** content=NOINDEX name=ROBOTS>Print | Close this window
    CORRECTED - CORRECTED-UPDATE 1-Vietnam Airlines signs deal for 4 Airbus A380

Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:46am EST

(Deletes reference to Vietnam Airlines as first new customer for A380 since 2006) (Adds details)

HANOI, Nov 13 (Reuters) - Vietnam Airlines has agreed to buy six new aircraft, including four Airbus A380 superjumbos, from Airbus in a deal worth almost $1.8 billion, according to a list of deals signed between France and Vietnam during a visit to Hanoi by the French Prime Minister.
    In addition to the A380s, the deal includes two A350XWB-900 wide-body planes and is worth about $1.79 billion at list prices.

The agreement between the flag carrier and Airbus, the plane making unit of EADS (EAD.PA: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz), also includes an industrial partnership to build certain parts for Airbus and the establishment of a pilot and engineer training centre in the country.

The deal is a boost for Airbus on eve of Dubai airshow at which it will scrap with U.S. rival Boeing (BA.N: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz) for thinning pile of orders due to the global economic crisis.

Vietnam Airlines officials have recently expressed concern about production delays to its order of 16 of Boeing's 787 Dreamliner aircraft. [ID:nLS397147].

The carrier had intended to use the aircraft to serve its long haul services including direct flights to the United States. (Reporting by John Ruwitch; Writing by Nguyen Nhat Lam; Editing by Lincoln Feast)
    what ever happens......happens

Comment

I guess any new order is good news for the A380 programme even a small one like this one.

I would say that with only 4 A380's VN won't be able to send them to many destinations.

Moreover, these will probably be the best looking A380's considering VN's livery.
      TAP - Transportes Aéreos Portugueses

Voe mais alto. Fly higher.

www.flytap.com

Comment

Working...
      X