2 840-seat 388s for Air Austral confirmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 840-seat 388s for Air Austral confirmed

Well, I guess we have a winner for the top number of seats. Seating will be in an all-economy layout and the aircraft will be used on the high-density service between Paris and La Reunion.

Source: http://www.flightglobal.com/articles...380-order.html

Yes, and ironically taking over from another French airline; Corsair's 744s seat around 580 - a few more than the 744Ds operated by NH and JL.

Assuming a 1:40 ratio of cabin crew to pax and 3 flight crew (including relief pilot), you would be talking about 24 crewmembers. Add a few infants on laps and you're not that short of the 900 mark.

Comment

It's interesting to me that La Reunion to Paris would need an aircraft carrying 840 passengers.

Now the real question is how long until someone tries to cram around 1,000 into an A380.

Comment

Originally posted by B757300 View Post
        Now the real question is how long until someone tries to cram around 1,000 into an A380.
        The A380-800 is certified to a maximum of 853 passengers by the EASA and the FAA.

The European Aviation and Safety Agency (EASA) and the American Federal Aviation Administration, FAA gave their "seal of approval" to the successful A380 evacuation trial performed at Airbus' site in Hamburg, Germany, on Sunday, 26th March, during which 853 passengers and 20 crew members left the aircraft within 78 seconds. They herewith validated 853 as the maximum passenger seating capacity, for the A380-800.
        Source: http://www.airbus.com/en/presscentre...n_approve.html
        TAP - Transportes Aéreos Portugueses

Voe mais alto. Fly higher.

www.flytap.com

Comment

It's interesting to me that La Reunion to Paris would need an aircraft carrying 840 passengers.

I think that is for the proposed -900 (?) stretched version. There's an interesting article in the latest Australian Aviation that states that Airus believes it sees a market in Asia for LCC's in the short/medium haul market with A380's seating 840 - in the same vein as the japanese 744 D's.

SIA apparently operate their 471 seat A380's already on a shorter route - Singapore to Hong Hong.

Comment

My comment about 1,000 people on the A380 was indeed referring to the proposed -900 model.

Comment

The island is a pretty massive French vacation destination, so it really isn't surprising.

Comment

Is Reunion high population on the island? It seems too small island not enough passengers daily for an A380 commute to France. It doesn't make sense to buy an Airbus 380 for 800ish pax. Figure calculator 800 x 7 = 5,600 x 30 = 168,000 pax per month. How many people live in an Island do they have?

Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by Big777jet View Post
                  Is Reunion high population on the island? It seems too small island not enough passengers daily for an A380 commute to France. It doesn't make sense to buy an Airbus 380 for 800ish pax. Figure calculator 800 x 7 = 5,600 x 30 = 168,000 pax per month. How many people live in an Island do they have?

Stuart
                  It's a tourist destination. The people on these flights will be filling hotels. The population of Reunion does not commute to France each day.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86 View Post
                    The population of Reunion does not commute to France each day.
                    Trump is an idiot!
                    Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Working...
                    X