PlanePlotter Screen Shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PlanePlotter Screen Shots

My love for the SBS virtual radar is not secret. I have had it since release and have posted many screenshots. It works, there is no doubt.

It fell over on a couple of points for me, which I am glad to say have been addressed making the SBS a whole new beast.

1. You could never share data. This has been addressed using an Addon called Planeplotter, using the power of the www users now share data throughout the world in a seamless fashion.

2. Some aircraft would nt show positional data, for legitimate reasons, military, GA etc it was always a pain to see the aircraft's hieght on the radar, but no plot. so there could be a lovely F15 or E3 Sentry flying over your location and you could never truly tie it up. This has been addressed using a form of triangulation. You can now find and track Military aircraft.

Anyhoos. See the screen shots below. Hopefully might interest some of you.

Firstly a wide view that I have set. as you will notice, the yellow aircraft are the ones being supplied by my SBS. The white aircraft are those being shared by other users.

A close in view of EGLL. What is amazing here is that I loose the aircraft on approach at about 3400ft. Planeplotter seamlessly picks them up again below this height using other ground stations. It's very good.

A very wide view of Europe showing what data was available this morning. Obviously, the more users sharing the more data there will be.

people sharing In the US now too

In Aus

this one gives you an idea of how much traffic there is in just an hour. i left contrails on so you cam see.

The Triangalation bit. Its called multilateralisation.
    The first picture shows me acquiring the E3. Mlat is using as many ground stations as it can to plot its position. It then performs another sweep to enable you to track the aircraft.

And finally in this last shot I have zoomed right in to show that i was really tracking it. You can see I have enabled the trail on the aircraft. Callsign Magic63

Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Working...
X