Trans-Atlantic 319s, again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trans-Atlantic 319s, again

"Air Canada launches daily non-stop seasonal service between St. John's, NL and London Heathrow"
    "The carrier will operate the route using newly refurbished 120-seat Airbus A319 aircraft in a two-cabin configuration"

This was in the works long before the recently announced Go-Travel service to Gatwick.

Current news releases distributed by Cision in Canada including multimedia press releases, investor relations and disclosure, and company news.

Is there so much demand on this route to fill up an A319?
    what should this offer be? certainly not a BA001/002-Killer?

Comment

Like ptbodale says "AC-ice", thats the colour. And BA is lucky if they can prevent the recent strike, so maybe a second minister (and AC is certainly more than only a vice on all Canada - GB-routes) is needed. So if an A319 is good for that route, why not, I don't know, how many miles is that route?

And I urgently need my simulator back... but we can discuss that in the sim-section.
      The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
      The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
      And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
      This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Well, AC's flight originates and ends in St. John's but BA001/BA002 starts and ends in JFK.(if I am not mistaken.)

Comment

Originally posted by ced ampo View Post
          Well, AC's flight originates and ends in St. John's but BA001/BA002 starts and ends in JFK.(if I am not mistaken.)
          Apart from that - BA 001/002 are configured in an all business-class layout, as of such the market is also different with BA 001/002 catering to business passengers.
          Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

How long is the flight? A319s already do transcon flights in the US which can be in excess of 6 hours.
            Bujuraj Vataranjan-O'Malley

Comment

Originally posted by Bujuraj_Vataranjan View Post
              How long is the flight? A319s already do transcon flights in the US which can be in excess of 6 hours.
              The flight from YYT to LHR is 4.5 hours. Its about 5 hours for the return leg.

Comment

My question is how do they plan on configuring this aircraft; will they put a business class (long haul) product or will they leave the standard executive class.
                Flown on: 146, 319, 320, 321, 717, 722, 732, 733, 737, 738, 744, 752, 753, 762, 763, 764, 772, AT7, CR1, CR2, CR7, CR9, 328, D9S, D95, 135, 145, 170, 175, F100, L10, M11, M88, M90

Comment

Originally posted by WidgetKid View Post
                  My question is how do they plan on configuring this aircraft; will they put a business class (long haul) product or will they leave the standard executive class.
                  Since the flight is only 4.5 to 5-hr (shorter than flights between West Coast and Toronto or between YYZ/YUL and Caribbean, which use A319/A320 regularly in standard config), my guess is there won't be any specially configured A319 for this.
                  Next:
                  None Planned

Comment

Originally posted by CathayPacific View Post
                    Since the flight is only 4.5 to 5-hr (shorter than flights between West Coast and Toronto or between YYZ/YUL and Caribbean, which use A319/A320 regularly in standard config), my guess is there won't be any specially configured A319 for this.
                    Even thought Dale would be best for discussions of this sort, it is amazing to consider how far we have come when it comes to this technology and range out of aircraft. I remeber a few years ago (while at POS) waiting for a departure and seeing an AC A319 (in Tango c/s) arriving. It was mind-boggling to think that this little aircraft made it all the way from YYZ. It would have been a 5 1/2 or 5 3/4 hr flight. Amazing, no?
                    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818 View Post
                      Even thought Dale would be best for discussions of this sort, it is amazing to consider how far we have come when it comes to this technology and range out of aircraft. I remeber a few years ago (while at POS) waiting for a departure and seeing an AC A319 (in Tango c/s) arriving. It was mind-boggling to think that this little aircraft made it all the way from YYZ. It would have been a 5 1/2 or 5 3/4 hr flight. Amazing, no?
                      Indeed. At a first glance, I thought i had made a mistake, because st. Johns NL, this NL is also a NorthEuropean abbreviation and stands for The Netherlands. But St. Johns Newfoundland and Labrador (NL) has nothin to do with Sint Maarten NL (Netherlands Antilles).

Well, let us see what google earth gives us for this route... St Johns NL to Heathrow = approx. 3747 Kilometres (2023 nm), that is no problem with A319, they go 3000-6500 km nonstop (depends on the loadmaster).

Comment

And I remember those days when my father took me to EDDL and we stood still in front of a Junkers JU-52 on the observation deck (which nowadays is restricted to only one terminal plus the railway station obs deck....).
                        Those JU 52s were capable to take fuel only for 1200 km, but if it comes to EDDL - LIMJ, I would prefer the JU 52 rather like any car (especially to fly over "Stau am Frankfurter Kreuz"/"traffic jam at A3 Frankfurt/Main" with a smile). Thanks to wikipedia, now we even know the EDDL-JU 52 registration: ex D-CIAK (which is HB-HOY today).

Time does not stand still, not either if it concerns deconstruction of the old Terminal C airport restaurant.
                        Last edited by LH-B744; 2009-12-19, 23:42. Reason: JU 52 range.. +wiki

Comment

Well, let us see what google earth gives us for this route... St Johns NL to Heathrow = approx. 3747 Kilometres (2023 nm), that is no problem with A319, they go 3000-6500 km nonstop (depends on the loadmaster).
                          The range may be no problem, however, there are few options if a problem arises on such a small aircraft. I'll stick to wide bodies over water.
                          Who's on first?..........

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818 View Post

No A319's were painted in the Tango colors they were all A320's.

Comment

How would this flight affect BA's flight? This is YYT-LHR, BA operates LCY-JFK, also the BA flight is on an A318, not 319, with 32 seats.

Comment

Working...
                              X