Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BA A318 Service To KJFK. Success?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BA A318 Service To KJFK. Success?

    I was wondering. Has anyone seen or know how successful the new A318 service to and from KJFK has been?

    I sit here (sad i know) watching (on my SBS and PlanePlotter) the little Fella's leave City, and make their way across to Ireland, and then leave again.

    I watch them come back. Generally anything up to 60Kts slower than a 744 in any direction, and I wonder, could i be arsed?

    I am trying to not be an Aviation Enthusiast when i write this, but more of a business user who used to fly this route a lot.

    What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by Shaggy; 2009-12-28, 09:09.
    Lee "Shaggy" Shand


  • #2
    Dont know how to answer your question but the SBS and PlanePlotter caught my attention. I think that would be sweet to sit on my ass and watch an airport all day.

    I just saw the oddly shaped BA A318 on the Top Shots of the JP home page, and then saw this Thread title, and it striked me as surprising that the little thing could do the jump across the pond, big surprise!

    Peace
    There's nothing like an airport for bringing you down to earth. Richard Gordon

    Comment


    • #3
      Take a look here for some PP Screens. Some people in Auz share too. very nice to track an aircraft from Aus to the UK in Real time

      Discuss anything aviation related, such as airline news, specific aviation questions, etc.
      Lee "Shaggy" Shand

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Shaggy View Post
        Take a look here for some PP Screens. Some people in Auz share too. very nice to track an aircraft from Aus to the UK in Real time

        http://forums.jetphotos.net/showthread.php?t=49099
        where can you find the program or site?
        Once maintained: CS-TTQ, OO-SFM,SFN,SFO,SFV,SFW,VEK, VES, VEH, VEX, VEN, OO-TCI,J,O,R,P,H,N. F-GYAI, F-HCAO, F-GPEJ, F-GPEK, F-GSTS, F-GSTR, LX-N20199, OO-TNG

        Have a nice flight!

        Juul

        My pictures on Jetphotos.net

        Comment


        • #5
          You need an Sbs or Airnav radar box for Plane Plotter to work.

          Look up Kinetic Avionics on google, also google planeplotter. Sorry can't give you links, I am up the chip shop right now
          Lee "Shaggy" Shand

          Comment


          • #6
            Ah ok, thanks shaggy!
            Once maintained: CS-TTQ, OO-SFM,SFN,SFO,SFV,SFW,VEK, VES, VEH, VEX, VEN, OO-TCI,J,O,R,P,H,N. F-GYAI, F-HCAO, F-GPEJ, F-GPEK, F-GSTS, F-GSTR, LX-N20199, OO-TNG

            Have a nice flight!

            Juul

            My pictures on Jetphotos.net

            Comment


            • #7
              It depends how much time it saves a business man as to whether its worth it. If you need to get to London or New York quickly and it saves an hour of the flight time then i would say it was worth it, if it doesnt save at least an hour i cant see it being worth it to the average big business people. You have to remember it is only useful if your already in London or New York and not flying in from elsewhere so there is no connecting traffic. Anyone know the time savings for the passengers on this flight.

              Also i have yet to see the little pond hoppers and just wondering if its worth a visit to LCY to see them?

              Comment


              • #8
                My understanding is that eastbound non-stops have been close to full, while the westbounds have been roughly half to two-thirds full.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by HalcyonDays View Post
                  My understanding is that eastbound non-stops have been close to full, while the westbounds have been roughly half to two-thirds full.

                  Thats interesting
                  Lee "Shaggy" Shand

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SAMRPICS View Post
                    It depends how much time it saves a business man as to whether its worth it. If you need to get to London or New York quickly and it saves an hour of the flight time then i would say it was worth it, if it doesnt save at least an hour i cant see it being worth it to the average big business people.
                    Consider the businesses that are concentrated in the LCY area though (mostly Financiers and highly paid commercial interests) i.e. those that are so close to the heart of London that are inconvenienced by the ride to LHR (and that added time constraints of possible delays, difficult security checks and the like). For the people on this flight, time and location are of paramount importance and, as flight loads show, they are quite willing to pay for the convenience. Also, considering the atmosphere in which the passenger is travelling, it may be worth the price at times. Business Class on a full 744 is not the same as this product.


                    Originally posted by SAMRPICS View Post
                    You have to remember it is only useful if your already in London or New York and not flying in from elsewhere so there is no connecting traffic. Anyone know the time savings for the passengers on this flight.
                    Not necessarily so. When arriving to LCY, you are right, there is limited traffic to connect onto (more importantly, why connect via LCY when you are likely to have been able to hop on a non-stop from JFK to begin with). However, upon arrival to JFK, you have so many options to connect onto.
                    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by HalcyonDays View Post
                      My understanding is that eastbound non-stops have been close to full, while the westbounds have been roughly half to two-thirds full.
                      And considering the price of the tickets, I am sure that this may be one of the most profitable routes in the BA network.
                      Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Profits within the first month as I read somewhere in the net.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X