Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boeing 747-800F to Fly as Soon as Monday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boeing 747-800F to Fly as Soon as Monday!

Well, Monday, February 8th at 10am looks to be the earliest possible time slot for the first flight of the 747-8F ... the Herald Tribune reported this first this afternoon and it was reported as well on Flightblogger.

HeraldNet: Boeing to fly 747-8 Freighter as soon as Monday

Boeing plans to host a live webcast, showing the takeoff and landing, at www.747-8firstflight.com (nothing there yet), which will be available starting 24 hours before the flight.

Too bad it wasn't painted in "Dreamliner" colors!

Quote:
    The Boeing Co. could fly its new 747-8 Freighter as early as Monday, the company said today.

The flight date still depends on several preflight tests, including high-speed taxi testing. Those tests are scheduled to take place in the next few days. The freighter will take off from Everett's Paine Field at 10 a.m., Feb. 8, if the preflight tests go well.

Flickr |Airliners.Net | Airplane-Pictures.Net | Jetphotos.Net

What is a 747-800F . Joking aside, hopefully the weather works out for the first flight.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER View Post
      What is a 747-800F . Joking aside, hopefully the weather works out for the first flight.
      I agree it's great news for Boeing and let's hope the first flight goes well for the Boeing 747-8F.

Regards,

Rohan

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER View Post
        What is a 747-800F .
        In the early 2000's, Boeing briefly explored a 747-400 derivative called the 747-800X. It didn't get far, obviously.

From Boeing News Now for 21 Nov 2002:

New 747 derivative concept considered
        Boeing Commercial Airplanes’ Product Development team is conducting a preliminary study to explore a new 747 derivative concept. The concept, tentatively being called the 747-800X, includes a stretch of main deck and upper deck passenger cabins, an increase in range and the noise improvements developed as part of the 747XQLR effort. “The 747-800X is a concept that some of our customers asked us to look into, and that is what we are doing and why we are doing it,” said Kourosh Hadi, Product Development chief for 747/777/767 derivatives. “Our customers and the flying public love this airplane, and from time to time they ask us to look at providing 747s with slightly different capabilities. It is our responsibility to study the feasibility of meeting these requests, which is why we conduct our derivative study work.”
        Proudly performing RHD-to-LHD conversions since 2006.

Comment

Hopefully Boeing will be able to a bit more with the 747-8 on its first flight than it did with the 787. I hope that the program receives a bit more orders after the economy recovers.
          what ever happens......happens

Comment

Here is some photos I took today at the taxi test. I'm not in your league guys Id never submit these, but here is some first run photos

Lets test the brakes

Start of 2nd good leg stretch (High Speed)

Nose comes up (I didnt get the full one, camera in between saves)

Comment

Nice shots W7PSK! Airliners.Net has 3 shots on their homepage of the 748 now too. Can't wait to see it up in the skies!

Comment

Originally posted by C-FITL View Post
                Well, Monday, February 8th at 10am looks to be the earliest possible time slot for the first flight of the 747-8F ... the Herald Tribune reported this first this afternoon and it was reported as well on Flightblogger.

HeraldNet: Boeing to fly 747-8 Freighter as soon as Monday

Boeing plans to host a live webcast, showing the takeoff and landing, at www.747-8firstflight.com (nothing there yet), which will be available starting 24 hours before the flight.

Too bad it wasn't painted in "Dreamliner" colors!

Quote:
                The Boeing Co. could fly its new 747-8 Freighter as early as Monday, the company said today.

The flight date still depends on several preflight tests, including high-speed taxi testing. Those tests are scheduled to take place in the next few days. The freighter will take off from Everett's Paine Field at 10 a.m., Feb. 8, if the preflight tests go well.

This link worked better for me http://747-8firstflight.com/
                It´s 5:50 am now according to www.timeanddate.com
                "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

Very soon!!!

Comment

.....but not so soon, they announced on the webcast about a couple minutes ago of about a 30-minute delay due to weather, no surprise.
                    what ever happens......happens

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Diffoot View Post
                      .....but not so soon, they announced on the webcast about a couple minutes ago of about a 30-minute delay due to weather, no surprise.
                      Our weather is so Unpredictable this time of year. I think it will clear up soon. No pictures from me though Im in the office not out in the zoo . Im watching it on the Live feed we have in house (with more stuff for us )

Thanks C-FITL They look better in the native (I shot RAW with my XTi) but they were 3888 wide and didn't want to trample on peoples screens so I cut them down to standard which introduced artifacts. Plus the viewing area put me with the sun at a bad spot.

Comment

They are cranking engines

est 12:30 taxi.

Comment

live stream from kiro-tv:

Comment

And she's up! Those wings are huge!

Comment

Originally posted by Charles022 View Post
                              And she's up! Those wings are huge!
                              They certainly are! I can't wait do my first 747-800f W&B and shove her beautiful butt off to LUX.

That's one nice set of wings.

Comment

Working...
                              X