No announcement yet.

BAC 1-11: Airbus withdraws Type Certificate...Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:34 pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BAC 1-11: Airbus withdraws Type Certificate...Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:34 pm

making civil operations in the EU with a BAC 1-11 now impossible, apart from the wellknown noise restrictions...
    http://www.easa.europa.eu/ws_prod/c/doc ... 2010-1.pdf
    The consequences can be read down below this PDF-document, published on the 12th of February 2010:

Quote:
    For operators outside the EU, operators need to contact their own state of registry for a decision on the continuing validity of any certificates that they have issued.

So outside the EU civil operations are still possible in theory...
    BAC 1-11s used for military and scientific purposes are probably (hopefully ) not too much affected by this withdrawal.
    “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Is the Rombac version affected? I think the Romanian government still operates some of those Rombac 1-11s?
    Next:
    None Planned

Comment

There are a few corporate-ized versions for sale in the US. Doesn't seem like there are any takers.

Comment

I thought the last Rombac was flying in Kazachstan?
        Little bit like the AN-8, the airplane which Antonov revoked the licens for.
        "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

Originally posted by Alessandro View Post
          I thought the last Rombac was flying in Kazachstan?
          Don't think so, there may one or two Rombac 1-11s in Mali still flying, or at least airworthy. None active in Romania itself now.

Northrop Grumman has a couple of active 1-11s at BWI.

Comment

Working...
          X