Going to Be Very Hard for Airbus to Make 20 A380 Deliveries in 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to Be Very Hard for Airbus to Make 20 A380 Deliveries in 2010

Airbus is going to face another year of very low A380 deliveries. The production in Toulouse (Final Assembly) is speeding up dramaticly while over in Hamburg (Outfitting and Painting) it is staying very much the same. By April Airbus will have five A380s completed and ready for Outfitting but no slots in Hamburg to put them. This could easily mean that Airbus will only delivery between 15-18 A380s this year (If that).

Cheers,

Oliver Gigacz

Aah man there goes my lunch money. Seriously who cares ?

Comment

It's getting unacceptable that they still face such operational problems after the aircraft has gone into production for so long. Can they outsource outfitting and painting to some other thrid parties if they can't do that themselves? Those tasks are surely not technical and if someone else can do that faster, why not let them do it? If the airlines are eager to get their A380s, I think they can even ask Airbus to deliver their aircraft 'green' and the airlines install the seats and paint the planes themselves.
      Next:
      None Planned

Comment

Are these planes flown from Toulouse to Hamburg?

Just to get an idea of how "finished" they leave Toulouse.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
        --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
          I doubt trucking is an option.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post

Just to get an idea of how "finished" they leave Toulouse.

I am pretty certain they are. There are photos on jp.net of aircraft arriving in Hamburg from LFBO.

Comment

Yes the aircraft are flown.

Comment

Working...
              X