ATC question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATC question

I hope I am posting this question in the right place.

Is there any way possible to get around the "Age 31" requirement...or are you basically screwed if you waited too long to switch careers?
    I do work for a domestic US airline, and it should be noted that I do not represent such airline, or any airline. My opinions are mine alone, and aren't reflective of anything but my own knowledge, or what I am trying to learn. At no time will I discuss my specific airline, internal policies, or any such info.

from what i've heard the only way to try and get around it is if your coming from the military...other than that im not to sure

Comment

Sol.
      Tanner Johnson - Owner
      twenty53 Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner_J View Post
        Sol.

That's kind of what I thought.
        I do work for a domestic US airline, and it should be noted that I do not represent such airline, or any airline. My opinions are mine alone, and aren't reflective of anything but my own knowledge, or what I am trying to learn. At no time will I discuss my specific airline, internal policies, or any such info.

Comment

Yea sorry
          Clint
          Anchorage, AK
          __________________________________________________________________________

Comment

OK...so even if I look younger than 33, they won't accept that?
            Early retirement?
            Financial bribe?

Nothing?

THIS SUCKS! I have finally reached a point that I could go to ATC school, and 33 is too old? WHAT? I won't accept it. There has to be a loophole!

Comment

Originally posted by Myndee View Post
              THIS SUCKS! I have finally reached a point that I could go to ATC school,
              What point is that?

Comment

My husband agreed?

Comment

go into the military! thats the only way the FAA will look at you after the age of 31. That is the only loophole!!!!!

Comment

Even then it may be too late if your already above the age of 31 because the FAA won't pay for your training when most controller who get brought on after college only have to give 25 years till retirement which means if I get hired at 23 I only have to work till I am 48!!! so if your older than 31 right now then no point really

Comment

not to mention that you are training and learning your sectors airspace for 2-3 years before you even get to control......

Comment

Working...
                      X