Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spirit Airlines

Hey how is Spirit Airlines i just got a great deal is it a good airline

I have never flown them before but I hope they will start service to Jacksonville one day, being that we have extra gates now.

Comment

Originally posted by flyboy 1995 View Post
      Hey how is Spirit Airlines i just got a great deal is it a good airline
      While I do apologize in advance for being 'mean', but where is your grammar? Let's break this down a bit -

Hey, how is Spirit Airlines?
      As an airline - they are safe, and generally reliable. When it comes to passenger comfort and/or satisfaction, see below.

I just got a great deal.
      They are known for sensational deals. If you enjoy the first flight with them, consider joining Free Spirit (online). Often I get emails about upcoming promotions long before they are made public.

Is it a good airline?
      To be fair, caveat emptor - I have flown twice (once of my own volition) and I swore on the last trip to never fly with them again. To me, customer service seemed non-existent. Comparatively, I would prefer any other US LCC to them and pay more (though, as for that, most of the times they are on par with their competitors). My major qualms with them were:

- Non-existent customer service. I think that you have to upgrade for a smile. If there is a delay or a cancellation - best of luck with getting any semblance of help. Lost your bag? That's your fault. Assigned to a broken seat? We'll put you on another flight - but not guarantee that it will be within the next 48 hours.
      - Horrendous seat pitch.
      - Terrible delays (I understand that often, airlines have little control with delays due to weather and the like, but I have noticed time and time again, that they are seldom on time). Both times that I flew with them, we experienced delays of 2+ hours due to crew legality issues.
      - No IFE. Not a major issue, but an issue.
      Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

I've never heard anything positive about Spirit, aside from cheap airfare.

Comment

Dam i want a good experance flyning i uasally go with USair or Delta or NWA or Southwest but i wanted to try something new.......... it only cost $300 for 3ppl to go sown to FLL so i went with it........ Hoping its a good anventure

Comment

Dam i want a good experance flyning i uasally go with USair or Delta or NWA or Southwest but i wanted to try something new.......... it only cost $300 for 3ppl to go sown to FLL so i went with it........ Hoping its a good anventure
            Maybe the $300 would have been better spent on a spell checker....

And its a good thing you are doing some research on Spirit AFTER you bought the tickets.

Comment

I don't know if I would want to fly on an airline called Spirit.
              I do work for a domestic US airline, and it should be noted that I do not represent such airline, or any airline. My opinions are mine alone, and aren't reflective of anything but my own knowledge, or what I am trying to learn. At no time will I discuss my specific airline, internal policies, or any such info.

Comment

Their callsign is "Spirit Wings". Sounds like a feminine hygiene product.

Comment

Originally posted by groundpounder View Post
                  Their callsign is "Spirit Wings". Sounds like a feminine hygiene product.

I do work for a domestic US airline, and it should be noted that I do not represent such airline, or any airline. My opinions are mine alone, and aren't reflective of anything but my own knowledge, or what I am trying to learn. At no time will I discuss my specific airline, internal policies, or any such info.

Comment

FWIW, they are the largest privately-owned airline in the US.

Comment

dont they have the newest fleet with Brand new A319 And coming soon A320 and A321

Comment

dont they have the newest fleet with Brand new A319 And coming soon A320 and A321
                        The A321s are actually already on their way out (for whatever reason), but yes, overall the fleet is pretty new, mostly A319s now with the 2 remaining A321s, and soon 20 A320s arriving.

Comment

Ya i just upgrades to Spirit 1st class so maby that will help

Comment

Glad to hear you got upgraded. If you're tall, it's the best thing possible for you to do. I flew them on ORD-FLL a while back in F (if you can call it that), and all you get is a big seat with better pitch. Service is exactly the same; non-existant. I believe you may get one free checked bag and a pre-assigned seat, but that's it.
                            Flown on: 146, 319, 320, 321, 717, 722, 732, 733, 737, 738, 744, 752, 753, 762, 763, 764, 772, AT7, CR1, CR2, CR7, CR9, 328, D9S, D95, 135, 145, 170, 175, F100, L10, M11, M88, M90

Comment

ya i am excited so any1 have anything good to say about spirit

Comment

Working...
                              X