BA flight attendant strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BA flight attendant strike

So - they are at it again. British Airways is looking at another strike by its cabin crews.

Any thoughts?

Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
    So - they are at it again. British Airways is looking at another strike by its cabin crews.

Any thoughts?

Well, I must admit Peter, with my youngest daughter off to NYC on BA on a college trip 2 weeks today, my thoughts on this are somewhat personally skewed at present but, in that sense, they probably are representative of a potent force on the matter.

Thusfar it would seem that the unions are pushing their luck a little too much. They've come unstuck in the courts, they completely misjudged the effect that a potential strike over Christmas might have had and, whatever the truth of it all is and whatever good reasons they might have for objecting to BA policy, I don't think it's a wise thing to be doing during a period of high 'economic stress'.

Having said that, certain failed bankers are still getting obscene and grossly disrespectful bonuses even if we, the public, technically now own most of their company(ies), but the difference is that they know we can't touch them. If BA staff affect the travelling public too much - and I think the "patience bar" is pretty low on that - they'll probably end up cutting their own throats one way or another.
    Last edited by HB-IHC; 2010-03-12, 19:58.

All our final decisions are made in a state of mind that is not going to last (Marcel Proust)

Comment

Working...
    X