Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NTSB report...need help

I am trying to find the full report of docket #NYC87MA024

All I have been able to find is a summary. Am I looking in the wrong place?
    There have been several times that I only find the summary and others find the full report, witness interviews and all. I am looking in the NTSB database and ERAU library online.
    I do work for a domestic US airline, and it should be noted that I do not represent such airline, or any airline. My opinions are mine alone, and aren't reflective of anything but my own knowledge, or what I am trying to learn. At no time will I discuss my specific airline, internal policies, or any such info.

Originally posted by Myndee View Post

All I have been able to find is a summary. Am I looking in the wrong place? There have been several times that I only find the summary and others find the full report, witness interviews and all. I am looking in the NTSB database and ERAU library online.
    Use the FOIA to obtain the microfich report (if it exists).

Things were not as computerized in 1986 as they are today

Otherwise this is all I can find
    http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/Response2.asp

Comment

It looks like I am going to be out of luck. I was just curious to read it in detail. Not curious enough to have to pay for a copy. I was hoping that maybe it was scanned in somewhere.
      I just thought I was doing something wrong.
      Thanks for the reply.
      I do work for a domestic US airline, and it should be noted that I do not represent such airline, or any airline. My opinions are mine alone, and aren't reflective of anything but my own knowledge, or what I am trying to learn. At no time will I discuss my specific airline, internal policies, or any such info.

Comment

It looks like I am going to be out of luck. I was just curious to read it in detail. Not curious enough to have to pay for a copy. I was hoping that maybe it was scanned in somewhere.
        Thanks for the reply.
        Well, the only time I asked some docs to the NTSB, they made the copies and sent them to me by air mail all free of charge. It was about some safety actions that the NTSB requested to the FAA regarding the Piper Tomahawk, and the FAA answers and NTSB rating of those answers.

I must admit I was quite surprised, especially since I'm an Argentinian living in Argentina so the NTSB had no obligation with me as it does with the American tax payers.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
        --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
          Well, the only time I asked some docs to the NTSB, they made the copies and sent them to me by air mail all free of charge. It was about some safety actions that the NTSB requested to the FAA regarding the Piper Tomahawk, and the FAA answers and NTSB rating of those answers.

I must admit I was quite surprised, especially since I'm an Argentinian living in Argentina so the NTSB had no obligation with me as it does with the American tax payers.
          see Gabe, we're not all bad...

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
            see Gabe, we're not all bad...
            I've never said nor thought that you were.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
            --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
              Here is more info on the FOIA perocess
              http://www.ntsb.gov/Info/foia.htm

In your request ask if there is any charge (as far as I know only the State Dept charges for information). I have obtained reports from NASA on several occasions at no cost to me using FOIA.

Comment

All I have been able to find is a summary. Am I looking in the wrong place?
                There have been several times that I only find the summary and others find the full report, witness interviews and all. I am looking in the NTSB database and ERAU library online.
                Well, Myndee - it might be easier for us to help you if you didn't just throw an obscure docket number at us but would provide us with an NTSB AAR No. and/or some basic info what accident you are referring to

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
                  Well, Myndee - it might be easier for us to help you if you didn't just throw an obscure docket number at us but would provide us with an NTSB AAR No. and/or some basic info what accident you are referring to
                  I had absolutly no trouble finding that docket number on the NSTB website

Comment

Working...
                  X