• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky service is grounded

Seems the company is going out of business
    .http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/a...-grounded?bn=1

Another link here:http://www.canadianbusiness.com/mark...ent=b311696118

Sorry about the wrong forum guys.My bad.Mods can move this.....
    Who's on first?..........

Hello

it will make more room for Air Transat and other company

thanks
    Last edited by AJ; 2010-04-01, 00:02.
    I LOVER BOEING 777 and ALL BOEING

Comment

They were under very stiff competition from AC,Westjet and Transat. 800+ out of work.
      Who's on first?..........

Comment

Considering the current financial climate, I see when and why perhaps no can easliy come up with the capital, but I am still surprised that no competitors (either domestically or internationally) chose to buy them out. Perhaps soon that will be a reality, but even though they had compeition, there was still and equitable market to be developed.
        Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818 View Post
          .....but I am still surprised that no competitors (either domestically or internationally) chose to buy them out.
          Why on earth would they do that ? The competition can simply assume the market share of SkyService by expanding their own operations into SkyService's former market (if they choose to do so) at minimal cost. The opportunity also exists to pick up any of the former airline's assets much more cheaply than doing so when it was an operating business.

Comment

SSV should have just started scheduled service to many of their destinations. that way they can get people paying right to them instead of being screwed by the travel companies. Or start their own travel company like Air Transat does. Oh well, all I can say is they will not be missed. Very cramped crowded and small planes, with terrible service. Experiance warents this
            I'm the guy... Porter Guy

Comment

Working...
            X