Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Programs to identify aircraft contrails?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Programs to identify aircraft contrails?

Is there a program or website that allows you to know what aircraft are flying over your house or airport? Like FlightAware shows what's around your airport. What I mean, let's say your on your balcony, and you hear a aircraft, you look and you see contrails. Sometimes you have a camera, and if you do, you usually have a small lens mounted to it, so you cannot always identify the aircraft. (happened to me today, but identified it as a BA 772 heading to YYZ). So, let's say I see a 4 engines bird, but can absolutely not tell what it is! So, is there a program that can tell you, show you on a map, that a aircraft flying 25000 feet is heading towards your location? Because you definetly can't find out the flightnumber sometimes, so how are you supposed to know?
    Thanks!

I just heard and partially saw a contrail, it looked like 4 engines.
    Flickr |Airliners.Net | Airplane-Pictures.Net | Jetphotos.Net

Use your 'Telescope with 22x zoom that takes photos'

Comment

Originally posted by yash777 View Post
      Use your 'Telescope with 22x zoom that takes photos'

Yeah yeah, i'll stop the nonsense.
      Flickr |Airliners.Net | Airplane-Pictures.Net | Jetphotos.Net

Comment

Try www.radarvirtuel.com.

Comment

this is a cool website, sure youve got flightaware for your local airport but with this i can know what the current aircraft are over my head....doesnt seem to cover my country of canada
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/darrenvox
          http://www.jetaircraftmuseum.ca

Comment

You can buy hardware for your PC/Laptop which allows you to track aircraft. It costs 5-600 euro on Amazon.

Comment

Working...
            X