AA seeks rights to LAX-PVG!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA seeks rights to LAX-PVG!

American said Friday it has asked the U.S. Department of Transportation to give it authority to begin Los Angeles-Shanghai flights on April 5.

"Los Angeles-Shanghai is the largest U.S.-China market for air travel," said Will Ris, American's senior vice president for government affairs, "and we believe it is in the public's interest to offer more air service between the two cities and to provide new connecting opportunities for passengers traveling to other points in the U.S. and China."

In its application, American said 201,889 travelers flew between Los Angeles and Shanghai in the 12 months that ended Aug. 31. The next largest U.S.-China market is San Francisco-Beijing, with 151,764 passengers, American said.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...1.248b762.html
    I guess that with China Eastern's move to SkyTeam, AA is being proactive. In either event, I hope that they do, indeed, get the approval to start service soon!
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

I guess they feel UA857 and MU586-China Eastern (which is an AA codeshare - AA7220) isn't enough capacity?
    Flying is the second greatest thrill known to man. Landing is first.

Comment

Working...
    X