Bye bye, Baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye bye, Baby

Today marks the last flight of Bmibaby, which is being closed down after eleven years in operation.

It's been a respected and good airline and I've enjoyed many good flights with them - almost always on time, nice crews, nice product and always good value. They'll be a big loss. Sadly, the acquisition of Bmi by BA marked the end, although Lufthansa, from which BA acquired bmi, never really knew what to do with the airline.

Rumours as to what will happen to its fleet abound, with some claiming that they'll go to Gatwick to join the BA short haul fleet there.

Good luck - and thank you - to all the crews and everyone involved. We'll miss you.

G-TOYA. Boeing 737-3Q8. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Sad day indeed, out of all the low cost airlines, BMIBaby was always my favourite.
    “If you shoot for the stars and hit the moon, it's OK. But you've got to shoot for something. A lot of people don't even shoot.”
    Confucius

Comment

Yes Baby will be missed. As they used to fly into Manchester i have felt for month like they had already ceased but today is definately a sad day. Personally i dont see the fleet joining the BA shorthaul fleet at LGW. I wouldnt be overly shocked to see a fleet like Jet 2 try to take up some of the more recent builds but as for the airlines 500's their is only one place they are going.

Comment

Working...
      X