Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loud beeping noise in a Metro III cockpit?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loud beeping noise in a Metro III cockpit?...

I was watching a Just Planes DVD that has the Metro III in it, and I noticed a loud, high-pitched beeping noise that would repeatedly occur after take off, and just before landing. The pilots weren't doing anything wrong, nor was there anything wrong with the airplane itself. I'm thinking it has to do with altitude, but I don't know, and am very curious.

Originally posted by UALdave View Post
    I was watching a Just Planes DVD that has the Metro III in it, and I noticed a loud, high-pitched beeping noise that would repeatedly occur after take off, and just before landing. The pilots weren't doing anything wrong, nor was there anything wrong with the airplane itself. I'm thinking it has to do with altitude, but I don't know, and am very curious.
    It's actually the stabilizer trim. There is no visible way of knowing if the stab trim is moving, so they put the beeper in there to alert the pilot when the trim motor runs. This is to alert the pilot in the event of a runaway trim.

I'd love to see that DVD. I've got about 1200 hours in various forms of the Metroliner.
    The "keep my tail out of trouble" disclaimer: Though I work in the airline industry, anything I post on here is my own speculation or opinion. Nothing I post is to be construed as "official" information from any air carrier or any other entity.

Comment

It's the captain's laptop running out of battery

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by snydersnapshots View Post
        It's actually the stabilizer trim. There is no visible way of knowing if the stab trim is moving, so they put the beeper in there to alert the pilot when the trim motor runs. This is to alert the pilot in the event of a runaway trim.

I'd love to see that DVD. I've got about 1200 hours in various forms of the Metroliner.
        Thanks! The DVD is here: http://www.worldairroutes.com/Penair.html

Comment

Working...
        X