Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Politicians do not like getting up early

Hi ya’all,

Feb 14 was a great day for GCXO. It was opened to International flights since closing in 1978 shortly after the KLM-TWA crash. Its going to be great seeing other aircraft besides Binter Canarias ATR-72´s, Air Europa B-737´s and Iberia A320´s and B757´s.

Anyway, the media announced this opening an historic moment and prepared a welcoming party for the first flight where Politicians would appear (elections are in May). The first flight announced was Britannia’s flight from Manchester (view pic) arriving to Los Rodeos at 11:30am the second flight same carrier from Gatwick at 13:30 (view pic) . But to my surprise when I went to the airport, the REAL first international flight was Santa Barbara´s flight from/to Caracas arriving to Los Rodeos at 07:30 am ((view pic).

I guess it was too early for Politicians to get their pictures taken. Shame!! Then again, if they were spotter they would have been there!!!!

it was Pan am and KLM that collided but the mistake is ok because those pictures are nice

Comment

You´re right Greg,

It was Pan Am and not TWA. My mistake.

Sorry

Comment

yeah it's ok

Comment

Working...
        X