Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for flying through Montreal Trudeau airport

Hello,

I am wondering something about Montreal Trudeau Int'l Airport (YUL/CYUL). From the terminal map, it looks like the whole building is one terminal, divided into Domestic, International, and Transborder (USA) areas.

My question is, if I am in the Transborder area, is it possible to walk right into the International area, even if I am not taking a flight that departs out of the International area? The maps make it seem as if there is a wall separating the two areas, but I imagine it would be okay to go to Internationals from the USA area since both are technically international.

So if you have flown through Trudeau before, please help!

Thanks,

Jerry
    Remember on your hardest days, that the airplanes always take off against the wind... afterwards, the skies are all yours.

I've flown in and out of YUL a few times, but never into the "transborder" area.

I know that in Toronto the transborder area is kept separate from the international area, and I expect that Montreal is done the same way - at least I have never seen a way to get from the international area to the transborder area.

Remember that while in the transborder area, you are in some respects not in Canada anymore - you've already cleared US immigration in Montreal, and are in some respects now technically in the US already.

HTH

Comment

I agree with what jkstark said. YUL has pre-clearance, so there is no "free" walk in and out of the Transborder area. You have to go through US customs and immigration on the way in, and possibly through Canadian customs on the way out.

In any case, I am sure that your boarding pass would be checked at some point in the process. I am not sure exactly what's involved when leaving the Transborder area, as it is primarily meant for passengers departing to the USA.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I remember when I flew Ottawa to Chicago, I was pre-cleared at Ottawa airport.

Thanks for the help.

Jerry
        Remember on your hardest days, that the airplanes always take off against the wind... afterwards, the skies are all yours.

Comment

Sorry, you can't go from Transborder to International without a ticket for an outbound flight. If you arrive from a transborder flight and are departing international you are directed off before Canada Customs to the International departure gates.
          Flying is the second greatest thrill known to man. Landing is first.

Comment

Working...
          X