No announcement yet.

Whos phasing out 747s in the coming months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interestingly China Southern are restoring 747F ops.

Comment

Midex ceased ops a few months ago.

Qatar cargo will be leasing a 744 from August.
      “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

PH-MPS is back in full MP colors

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by LUNN View Post
          Interestingly China Southern are restoring 747F ops.
          Before two Malaysian triple 7 disappeared from the screens, I heard a rumour that they have got at least one B744 (passenger version).

And this link says, that they currently store...
          21 (in words: twenty one) B744's ?!
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaysia_Airlines_fleet

The link says "stored", but for 21 of my favourite birds?
          What a waste.

Our neighbours, Air France, still operate five B744s.

It is the icon for longhaul flights with doubledecker jets, and she is as old as me, so....

LH and the Hamburg - Düsseldorf - Shannon - NYC route, open since June 1st, 1955. A/C type: Lockheed Super Constellation.
          EW, one of the dearest LH daughters, the brandnew November 19 schedule (frequency):
          DUS - VRA (--3-5-7), DUS - EWR (1234567), DUS - MIA (1-3-56-), DUS - BGI # 1152 (Mon and Thu with exceptions), ...

Aviation enthusiast since more than 30 years. A whole decade here on this platform.

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
            PH-MPS is back in full MP colors
            We should tranlate that for Non-Europeans...

This is what I found in the net, and it is listed in the top 20 of a bigger search engine.
            http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7451196

So (translated), Martinair has come back to a more traditional livery for their B744F s.

Well, Erwin, is the newest MP-B744F "outfit" already part of the jp database?

And, are there plans that contain the newest KL-B738 livery >
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KLM#/m...37_KLM_BCN.jpg

also for the KL-B744?

I am curious, I know. But who if not I should ask such questions?
            LH and the Hamburg - Düsseldorf - Shannon - NYC route, open since June 1st, 1955. A/C type: Lockheed Super Constellation.
            EW, one of the dearest LH daughters, the brandnew November 19 schedule (frequency):
            DUS - VRA (--3-5-7), DUS - EWR (1234567), DUS - MIA (1-3-56-), DUS - BGI # 1152 (Mon and Thu with exceptions), ...

Aviation enthusiast since more than 30 years. A whole decade here on this platform.

Comment

Here is PH-MPS back in MP colors.

And KLM has allready the 747 in the new colors.

[photoid=7983797]

Erwin

Comment

United's retirement program for the 747 starts soon. N194UA (Charter config) is planned to leave the fleet and so is N105UA. Rumor is 105UA will become the new charter aircraft for United

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
                  Before two Malaysian triple 7 disappeared from the screens, I heard a rumour that they have got at least one B744 (passenger version).
                  They did but now its gone.

Comment

Some others that have stopped flying 747 or closed shop, all classics.

Jett8 Cargo - Singapore
                    Ark Air Cargo - Armenia
                    Veteran Avia Cargo - Armenia
                    Aquilene International Cargo - Georgia
                    AG Air Cargo - Georgia

Comment

Air France and Virgin Atlantic next getting rid of their 747s in January and February.

Thai were due to go in November but they have decide dto keep them.

Comment

Originally posted by LUNN View Post
                        Air France and Virgin Atlantic next getting rid of their 747s in January and February.

Thai were due to go in November but they have decide dto keep them.
                        actually Pieter Elbers KLM's CEO said a few days ago the 747 phase out will begin this winter

Comment

PH-BFM and BFO are the first to go with KLM. From Jan 2016 will be parked at LETL

Erwin

Comment

The KLM longhaul (KL-B744)

Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
                            PH-BFM and BFO are the first to go with KLM. From Jan 2016 will be parked at LETL
                            Hey, "neighbour". What do they fly
                            instead of "the legend",
                            at Schiphol?

Is the 78 79 combination really a replacement for our Jumbos? Let me see...
                            "3 747-400ERF (operated for Martinair)
                            17 744M
                            and
                            5 KL-B744."
                            (says the German wikipedia)

So, all in all, you'll need 25 new jets for the longhaul, is that right?

I don't know what KLM is doing, you probably know more than I.

Will they fly
                            35 B773ER
                            instead of
                            10 B773ER?

Comment

Imho, this is not the worst of all replacement aircraft...

http://www.jetphotos.net/photo/8102954

...but who, in 2015, is a 747 operator...
                              KLM
                              EVA Air
                              China Air (according to en wiki, they'll soon change from CI-B744 to CI-B773ER)
                              Cathay Pacific (and again, CX-B773ER is the son of CX-B744)

And even at Kloten (LSZH), which, since I am a JP member, was ruled by Airbus, the triple777 will take place in the future, in form of
                              LX-B773ER.

Comment

Brian, excuse me, but, this is my topic, isn't it. So pls, let me write
                                three in a row.

This is our love, as I assume.
                                http://www.jetphotos.net/photo/8105762

Probably, it'll take a few weeks to accept this island without
                                our beloved hunchback.

773ER instead of 744?

PS: I've never known that Ten Sharp (Ain't my beating heart, 1991) is also a potential KL customer. We never learn enough.
                                The 1960s say, who ever was conscious in the 1980s, that one not really lived in the 1980s. I was too young in the 1980s, so I was conscious!
                                Last edited by LH-B744; 2015-10-24, 19:48. Reason: + KL customers

Comment

Working...
                                X