Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ethiopian Airlines orders 20 737 MAX-8s!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ethiopian Airlines orders 20 737 MAX-8s!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/boeing...152800205.html

Ethiopian Airlines today announced an order for 20 737 MAX 8s. The order, previously unidentified on the Boeing Orders & Deliveries website, is worth more than $2.1 billion at list prices and also includes options and purchase rights for a further 15 737 MAX 8s. The order represents the largest single Boeing order by number of airplanes from an African carrier.
    Very cool! So, this would replace the 737-700s, 737-800s and the 757s in the future, or perhaps add some capacity (as there are options for 15 more 737 MAX-8s).
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Can't say this is a big surprise. Ethiopian has always been a loyal Boeing customer.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
      Can't say this is a big surprise. Ethiopian has always been a loyal Boeing customer.
      Well, apart from the A-350 order. I wonder, though, why they have always been this loyal to Boeing?
      Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818 View Post
        (...) I wonder, though, why they have always been this loyal to Boeing?
        My guess would be for political reasons.

Comment

They were actually loyal to the US and other American manufacturers long before they bought Boeings. The airline was founded in the 1940s with American technical and financial assistance, and there was a decades-long assistance agreement with TWA. They've since operated every Boeing jet model except the 747.

Comment

Even during the dark years of the Derg they bought Boeings.
            "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818 View Post
              Well, apart from the A-350 order. I wonder, though, why they have always been this loyal to Boeing?
              Because they don't like Airbus?
              Who's on first?..........

Comment

Working...
              X