FEDEX A-380

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FEDEX A-380

I know that it will be a few years until the A-380F for FEDEX takes off but does anyone have an idea as to where the routes may be for this giant and will the U.S see it and what cities. As I said i live in orlando and would love to see it. We mainly get MD-10's and the 727's. on rare occasion an A-300/310. Tanks for the input
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    "Don't try to re-invent the wheel"

FEDEX A-380

I'm pretty sure the first routes will be between their different hubs, like CDG-MEM or MEM-Subic Bay. You might also see inner-asia routes like to NRT, and intra-US, I doubt there will be many cities, except for L.A. and NYC.

Comment

Where does Fedex have hubs?

Memphis
      Anchorage
      ....??

And how big is their fleet? How many A 380-800Fs are on order and when will they come?
      Andy

Comment

FEDEX A-380

Their Super Ultra Mega Cargo Hub is Memphis, or the "Hartsfield Airport of Cargo" . Other hubs include CDG, which is their European centre, Subic Bay in the Philippines for Asia, ANC for the Pacific Rim, and as a stopover for US-Asia flights, and they also have a hub at GSO, but don't ask me why.
        They have ordered 10 A-380s with deliveries starting 2008, +options
        I don't know exact numbers, but currently FX has around 100 DC-10/MD-10/MD-11s, 100 727-100/200s, 100 A-300/310s and several smaller companies that basically fly Cessna 208s fro them (around 250 I believe9 They still have former AA/SR MD-11s on order I believe, and they are also buying former COEX ATR-42s.

Comment

Originally posted by LH 340-600
          Where does Fedex have hubs?

Memphis
          Anchorage
          ....??

And how big is their fleet? How many A 380-800Fs are on order and when will they come?
          This is from the FedEx website:

638 aircraft, including:
          43 Airbus A300-600s
          51 Airbus A310-200/300s
          10 ATR 42s
          25 Boeing 727-100s
          94 Boeing 727-200s
          45 Boeing DC10-10s
          17 Boeing DC10-30s
          22 Boeing MD10-10s
          5 Boeing MD10-30s
          42 Boeing MD11s
          10 Cessna 208As
          247 Cessna 208Bs
          27 Fokker F-27s

Airports Served
          378 worldwide

Air Express Hubs:
          U.S.: Memphis, Tenn. (SuperHub); Anchorage, Alaska; Fort Worth, Texas; Indianapolis, Ind.; Newark, N.J.; Oakland, Calif.
          Asia Pacific: Subic Bay, Philippines
          Canada: Toronto, Ontario
          Europe, Middle East, Africa: Paris, France
          Latin America-Caribbean: Miami, Fla., U.S.

To answer your other question, FedEx initially ordered 10 A380's, with options for another 10. Also, FedEx has "mini-hub" operations at quite a number of airports, such as CDG, GSO, and LAX.

~Gregory (ex- FedEx employee)
          ________
          BONDAGE LATEX

Comment

So.. the A380 and the MD-11 are the only aircraft on order?

Chris Scott- Seattle Washington

Can't wait to see NWA A330 at SEA...
            My posts

Comment

Originally posted by NWa A330
              So.. the A380 and the MD-11 are the only aircraft on order?
              I'm not sure if the MD-11's qualify as "ordered" -- FedEx seems to pick them up whenever they become available from pax carriers. Right now, they're currently flying 1 or 2 that still wear United colors, just with the name removed.

I'm very curious what they're going to replace all those 727's with... that's a day that has to be coming soon.

~Gregory
              ________
              MYWEBCAMSHOOKUP

Comment

Originally posted by Triton1831
                Right now, they're currently flying 1 or 2 that still wear United colors, just with the name removed.
                MD 11s in United Colours?
                Andy

Comment

Originally posted by LH 340-600
                  Right now, they're currently flying 1 or 2 that still wear United colors, just with the name removed.
                  MD 11s in United Colours?
                  D'oh! Brain-cramp... they're DC-10's, of course. Sorry.
                  ________
                  Bbw Model

Comment

I'm not sure if the MD-11's qualify as "ordered" -- FedEx seems to pick them up whenever they become available from pax carriers.
                    Well yeah of course! LoL. Hey does anyone know which airlines are selling their Md-11's to FedEx?

Chris Scott- Seattle Washington

Can't wait to see NWA A330 at SEA...
                    My posts

Comment

KLM, SWISS, AA, Korean Airlines, and i guess Mandarin

JAL MD-11's Go's to UPS

is FedEx still buying DC-10-30's? and are they still Converting them to MD-10's?
                      My New Photo Name on JP.net is DutchAviation!!!!

why should we fight about wich aircraft manufactor is better..............

thats so childish....

because hey we all know boeing is better

Comment

FEDEX A-380

is FedEx still buying DC-10-30's? and are they still Converting them to MD-10's?
                        They don't buy that many DC-10s anymore, but if some become available for a low price, I expect they will take them, even if it's just for spares. And yes, they are still converting DC-10s to MD-10, even though I heard that not all of their -10s will be converted (those will be used for parts I believe).

Comment

Working...
                        X