No announcement yet.

American Airlines strike again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the trend is it's not really AA anymore. the merger with US left US's management in charge. so, it's AA in name only. I fly about 4 times per month now--always on AA, since i'm based in mia and thy OWN the airport. also, they fly direct to all of my destinations, so...

in the past few months it has become noticeably different, and not for the better. they recently announced some pretty drastic changes to the aadvantage program, which some will argue was in the works anyway, since every other legacy had changed their ff programs years ago. telephone hold times, even for exec platinum (supposedly a dedicated line) are simply RIDICULOUS!!! 40 minutes? really? i've been flying aa since 1992 and have NEVER, even around holidays, had a 40 minute hold time.

i've said it 10,000 times before and will continue to do so: airlines are waaayyy ahead of the whore-to-wall-street competition. they give lip service to customer care/satisfaction while they do everything imaginable to screw their customers and treat them like prisoners. i bought my 78 y/o mom a ticket to join the family for thanksgiving. since she lives in clevelamd, she's a long time continental/now united flyer. on her flight to see us, she was given a choice of water or nothing to drink. get that? WATER, and then, barely five ounces of it! no snack no soda, no juice, not even alcohol for sale (not that she would've bought anyway).

the folks in charge are so infected with greed that they can't even think like proper business people. for example, we all know that byo liquids have been banned because the terrorsits beat us years ago. we also know that airport kiosk operators long ago decided that sticking it up our asses and charging $4.00 for a $0.35 bottle of water was good business practice because once past security, we are trapped animals with ZERO options. so, say you are some VP at some shit airline looking to increase profits and you've decided that you will only serve water to save money. great idea! but you are short sighted, as usual. why? because with your purchasing power, you could buy canned soda for about $0.30 per can. so, do like every vending machine in the country and sell them for $1.00. sure, a few people may bitch about having to pay for what used to be free, but pretty soon toilet paper will be buy as you shit and need, so buying soda ain't so bad.

my guess is, they would sell 150-200 cans per flight--$105-140 per flight in profit. if you are AA, that's $840,000 per day in profit. $306,600,000.00 NET PROFIT per year in frickin soda sales!!!

anyway, it's at a point where ALL airlines suck, leaving the only real question of which sucks the most

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
      ...they give lip service to customer care/satisfaction while they do everything imaginable to screw their customers and treat them like prisoners...

...my guess is, they would sell 150-200 cans per flight--$105-140 per flight in profit. if you are AA, that's $840,000 per day in profit. $306,600,000.00 NET PROFIT per year in frickin soda sales!!!...
      My guess is that your true persona (not the Internet one) is probably respectful and smooth.

You wanna run for President?

Methinks you might have the no-nonsense approach of Donald Trump, without the baggage, be more ethical than Hillary, and probably more in the middle than Bernie...

You'd be a shoe-in.
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

I wonder if she asked/could have asked for the DOT-mandated denied boarding compensation (anywhere between 200-400% of her one way fare) and gotten it to keep her out of the court system, since AA most likely would have needed to defend their side under oath, which sounds like a bad idea in this case. Having witnesses saying that someone got her seat immediately after would definitely lead to more scrutiny of the circumstances leading to her getting kicked off the flight, potentially more money.

Either way, if that happened to me it would lead to me avoiding them at all costs, although now that UA is on my shitlist too, I'm running out of options.
        [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

Originally posted by Felipe Garcia View Post
          Either way, if that happened to me it would lead to me avoiding them at all costs, although now that UA is on my shitlist too, I'm running out of options.
          Plenty of good metal available on www.controller.com

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post
            Plenty of good metal available on www.controller.com

I've actually tried to convince a friend to buy one of the DC-8s listed there. He keeps buying auction cars and 4 seater piston planes though.
            [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

I've actually tried to convince a friend to buy one of the DC-8s listed there.
              Is he John Travolta?
              Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

I've actually tried to convince a friend to buy one of the DC-8s listed there. He keeps buying auction cars and 4 seater piston planes though.
                DC-8 is cool, but I'd rather have this: http://www.controller.com/listingsde...VE/1280283.htm

The carpet would have to go though.
                Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                  More crap service from American Airlines staff who seem to think that they are doing you a favour by letting you fly them.

Another example of why I will NEVER fly American.
                  This is fun and very handy...regularly re-quote Brian's post, but change the hyperlink...

In this week's installment, an FA apparently flips out and attacks fellow crew and some Air Marshalls.

I think FA training is focusing too much on procedures and CRM and not enough on the fundamental concepts of customer service.

(At least in this case, they aren't choosing a random passenger and throwing them off for a power trip.)

Comment

Working...
                  X