BA swtiching out 747 on LHR - SFO to 77w on March 26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BA swtiching out 747 on LHR - SFO to 77w on March 26

My first post. I tried to book a 747 on BA from SFO to LHR in April 2016, on December 7, 2015 but never could book my seats on that segment. A couple of days later I found that the plane will be a 777. In searching the BA web site, it appears that BA 0285 Starts the 777 Service on March 27, 2016 from LHR to SFO and returns as BA 0284 back to LHR. I wonder if this is the end of the 747 for BA at SFO or just a temporary change? Thanks.
    edit, March 27 is the correct date.
    Last edited by davebock; 2016-03-04, 05:11. Reason: Date error

Originally posted by davebock View Post
    My first post. I tried to book a 747 on BA from SFO to LHR in April 2016, on December 7, 2015 but never could book my seats on that segment. A couple of days later I found that the plane will be a 777. In searching the BA web site, it appears that BA 0285 Starts the 777 Service on March 27, 2016 from LHR to SFO and returns as BA 0284 back to LHR. I wonder if this is the end of the 747 for BA at SFO or just a temporary change? Thanks.
    edit, March 27 is the correct date.
    Hm. Sometimes, all 'seniors' are busy so that newbies don't receive all our attention.

Welcome at jetphotos!

Btw, what after all is a 'senior'? jp has a member status that is called 'senior'. But I like to add,
    b) all people who read and write (at least 2 posts) here since more than 7,5 years..
    and
    c) all jp members who naturally can provide some experience in life, let me say... 35+

Back on topic. Afaik my nickname, you (officially) are not able to book a 747. You can try to find a route where probably a 747 is in the air.
    But as with "Ben Gurion", a former LH-B744 route, this is subject to change.

Good question! We can regularly talk about that, if you want.
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

...and you can look at all daily connections, if there are more than one...

I just had a short glimpse on what you were lookin for, and voilą, there is another option:
      BA 287 (westbound) with BA-A388.

Did you have that song in mind, "got on board a westbound 747..."? At least on that route, it seems that BA doesn't fulfil your wish.
      [But if you count the respective aircraft, it should be very much easier to find a BA-B744, compared to my nickname..]

Triple7 or 388, that's another good question...

Comment

Do you want to say if you avoided the flight (in April 2016) because it wasn't a 747?

If yes, indeed I have found a connection that at least fulfils your wish "BA-B744"!

You can go and visit another "senior" at work: Mr Jimmy Fallon ...

The rest is up to you, I can't say more than BA 175, but as you know,
        that is subject to change...

Comment

Hm. Sad that we couldn't have convinced him to come back, yet. Only one (!) single post since five months?

Dave, I have another option for you: LH 404.

Long live the 747.

Comment

If you really want to fly on a 747 take a Southwest flight to Denver then catch the BA 747 to LHR.

Comment

Working...
            X