Shaheen failing in Malaysia cancel Thailand launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaheen failing in Malaysia cancel Thailand launch

Pakistani carrier are doing terribly in Kulala Lumpur and may drop frequency to just once weekly, not sure if its from Karachi or Lahore they fly twice weekly from each, service began on 20 April, in May they were to start Bangkok but didnt go ahead with the launch despite having announced confirmed date for it.

Malindo Air launched KUL-LHR in January;

http://www.malindoair.com/news-event...HORE-PAKISTAN-

The flight will depart KLIA2 on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays at 5.30pm and touch down at the Allama Iqbal International Airport, Lahore (LHE) at 8.15pm. The return flight will depart from Lahore at 9.05pm and arrive in KLIA2 on the next morning at 5.50am. The flight time is 5 hrs and 45 minutes.

The route will also signify one of our furthest route yet from Kuala Lumpur using our young fleet of Boeing 737-900ER aircraft.
    Longest route, on their largest aircraft. Head to head, Malindo is the larger carrier, has a better hub and much greater connectivity at KUL than Shaheen at LHE.

Thailand is another issue - with TG having a near-monopoly, one would assume that they would be ripe to compete against. Their fares to BKK, from LHE are astronomical compared to other trips of comparative sectors. Yet no Pakistani carrier has been able to challenge them. Even for the low-yielding ends.

Despite not being an ASEAN member, Pakistan should be watching things closely in the region - because the open-skies agreement made between the ASEAN members will ultimately strengthen some of the LCCS in the area, and they will come knocking.

Pakistan, at present - with the issues at PIA has an opportunity to drastically change the way that their aviation sector works. I wish that the government would consider the greater good, and either allow a LCC to flourish, or create a privatized one from the core of PIA. I am not at all hoping to see PIA (as the brand, and the legacy) be undone at all. That, and the premium experience should stay (as a stand-alone company, catering to the high-yielding, premium traffic and long-haul routes), but domestically and regionally - they can no longer compete, especially with competition from every angle.
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Shaheen have quit Kuala Lumpur but claim they will resume it soon using smaller aircraft maybe A320.

Comment

The airline wants to lease seven 150-seat A319s.
        http://www.MD-80.com / MD-80.com on facebook https://www.facebook.com/MD80com / MD-80.com on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MD80com

Comment

Originally posted by IberiaMD-87 View Post
          The airline wants to lease seven 150-seat A319s.
          Indeed! They firmed up the order with AerCap 3 days after you posted (do you happen to have next week's lotto numbers, by chance?).

http://www.aviationnews-online.com/l...en-operations/

...an increased take-off weight capability of 75.5 tonnes to suit forthcoming operations and new Shaheen livery.

The embodiments are scheduled from the fourth quarter of 2016.
          So, new c/s coming soon which is cool.

However, where do they need the capacity of the A319s for, out of Pakistan?
          Are there hot/high performance issues that would prevent them from going after more A320s or A321s, which are only marginally more expensive to operate?

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818 View Post
            Indeed! They firmed up the order with AerCap 3 days after you posted (do you happen to have next week's lotto numbers, by chance?).

So, new c/s coming soon which is cool.

However, where do they need the capacity of the A319s for, out of Pakistan?
            Are there hot/high performance issues that would prevent them from going after more A320s or A321s, which are only marginally more expensive to operate?
            Not sure but Airblue used to have a319s as well which flew to Manchester, BTW PIA are also planning a new livery to be out around the same time as Shaheen's.

Comment

Originally posted by LUNN View Post
              Not sure but Airblue used to have a319s as well which flew to Manchester...
              I am not certain, and need the evidence to back it up, but I believe they used A320s, did a tech-stop in Turkey, and then onto MAN. Impressive use of the airplane, and if the service was good it could have made for a decent trip. Sure, it's not PIA (on a 777, non-stop) but then again, for some passengers - not being on PIA is the point...

Originally posted by LUNN View Post
              BTW PIA are also planning a new livery to be out around the same time as Shaheen's.
              AGAIN? I mean, I guess if the new board, and the new 'airline' is coming, then now is a great time to see a new c/s. Here's to hoping that they come up with something iconically fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818 View Post
                I am not certain, and need the evidence to back it up, but I believe they used A320s, did a tech-stop in Turkey, and then onto MAN. Impressive use of the airplane, and if the service was good it could have made for a decent trip. Sure, it's not PIA (on a 777, non-stop) but then again, for some passengers - not being on PIA is the point...

AGAIN? I mean, I guess if the new board, and the new 'airline' is coming, then now is a great time to see a new c/s. Here's to hoping that they come up with something iconically fantastic!
                They operated A319 as well on the route infact MAN had gone all A319 and Istanbul had turned from tech stop to fifth freedom.

No new airline coming the plan has been abandonned.

Comment

They are now phasing out A333s.

Comment

Updated livery on first A319 http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/photos/TCJUA.JPG

Comment

Manchester also going from next week.

Comment

Working...
                      X