Why must it die?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why must it die?

I guess it's only a matter of time now...

Well of course somebody from UAL is going to say they'll make it. Although for them to say looking to liquidate the airline is not something their studding is a lie. Of course UAL is looking at Chap7, they have to. Any company in Chap 11 has to look at their assets and figure out is it worth it to the creditors to continue to operate or shut down and sell off the assets. I'll be shocked to see UAL around this time next year.

Comment

The last thing I want to happen to this industry is to see a giant like United go down. My flights between PDX and AUS, always on a stop at Denver,have been very fun. A great view of the mountains upon landing in DEN is probably the thing that reminds me of United the most. Please, stay afloat United...

Comment

The article does make a good point when they say that other carriers will benefit from UAL's loss. Same thing happened with Qantas and Ansett.

Quite frankly it's just economic principle. There's too much supply and too little demand. As a result, the costs are too low for many carriers to operate on. One has to go. Unfortunately, it's United.

Comment

Working...
        X