Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glen Tilton Living it up at UAL's expense

Greetings:

With all of UAL's problems Tilton isn't helping. CNN had a report today about how UAL is footing the bill for Tilton's living expenses. Apparently Tilton still hasn't found a home so he's living out of a hotel at a cost of $18,000 a month! All of which is paid for by UAL. It really staggers the mind. I understand that CEO's live a different lifestyle then most of the workers but when your company is in Chap 11 with little sign of surviving maybe you should rethink some of your actions. $18,000 dollars a month could easily pay the salaries of many of the workers who were laid off. How much does this guy really care about UAL?

With CEO's living extravagant lifestyles and crew (technicians, mechanics, pilots, attandants) unwilling to take pay-cuts it isn't helping UAL in reducing its losses. Haha, it's almost as if UAL's CEO want's this company to founder.

Comment

The only true reason other than 9/11 that UAL is going down is because of the greedy employees. We all remember the possible strike because of possible pay cuts, right? The employees need to be a little more lenient in my opinion.

Comment

Agreed. They don't seem to understand that it's either a lowered salary or no salary. It's not like it'll be a breeze finding work with other airlines once UAL founders.

Comment

I had the great displeasure of working for UA during the Summer of Hell – 2000.

Based on the foul rhetoric, obnoxious behavior, and disgusting attitude by many employees at TWO stations (one a hub, the other a line station) – I’d say UA is getting what it deserves.

(This is terrible for the many thousands of employees affected)

Very few employees actually cared about their job – they just cared about placing blame (ie: lost bag is IAD's fault, late inbound equip is SFO's fault, delay in loading is dispatch or Captn's fault, not ours, etc etc) and getting their free ride.

Yes, this company experienced the unthinkable – losing 2 planes and many co-workers on the same day – but UA was a dog pile way before that.

One time, I was checking in a First Class pax. As he was leaving, I said “Thank you for your business.”

His reply “That is the nicest thing anyone at UA has ever said to me.”
          JR FlyingTexan

Comment

Airlines should realize they don't make money shuttling planes between cities but shuttling fare paying passengers who pay money(which the airlines need) to go to the places. Look at a WN. A smile and kind word goes a long way when it comes to reccomendations. With service like that they get mentioned as success stories on the news instead of airlines about to die and still don't understand what to do to get passengers to fly them.

Comment

Working...
            X